Chiang Dao Nest

Buckwheat

Please welcome our newest sponsor to the Chiang Mai Forum, Chiang Dao Nest

And please click here for a great look at a great website!

Welcome Chiang Dao Nest!

This is excellent news - congrats on getting another sponsor. I am pretty sure that this is the restaurant that has been mentioned a number of times in the good places to eat and one that gets great reviews.

CB

Wow. An excellent website, a great looking place and reasonable prices as well. I had been curious about it and this answers all my questions. Da wife is looking over my shoulder and insists that we check it out.

My congrats as well for finding a new sponsor and such a good one at that...

Yesterday we made a tour to the Chiang Dao Caves. Afterwards we looked for a place to eat. At first we planned to eat at Kurt and Mon's place. But since they spend the summer like every year in Canada, we had to look for another restaurant, and found The Nest.

It's a nice and pleasant place. The food was quite ok. Maybe compared to Chiang Mai a little bit on the expensive side. But I still would recommend it.

Edited by cnxmike

Yes lovely place and the food at CDN1 indeed is wonderful but prices may indeed surprise (and send backpackers hiking briskly out of town) but go ahead and order and I think you'll find its very much worth every baht. Note that Thursday is BBQ night and excellent too but don't even start to compare with what you lads have lined up next month. My post last year went something like 'Everything from avacado and buffalo to zuchinni' and superb sitting around the fire in the cooler months.

Ate there a month or two ago for the first time.

Great imaginative menu. About 1000 baht per head with substantial wine. I don't usually spend much money on meals but I have to say it was very nice indeed I will make an exception and look forward to a revisit.

Edited by sleepyjohn

Have stayed there before, will stay there again.. :o

How about a ThaiVisa member discount? Or a rainy season discount? Or any other kind of discount on both rooms and food? :D

On the website, yes it links to a fair bit of businesses/hotels/stuff in the area, but it's a GREAT place to start to research any kind of trip around Chiang Mai. (Especially for tourists to the area of course, a bit less so much for residents like most of us) Still I recommend the place and the site a lot to people.

Was supposed to go tomorrow, but am ill...and gutted. The Nest is magnificent. Wicha and Stuart are great hosts, the ambiance is chilled to the max, the bungalows clean and reasonably priced...but I go there for the food (creative and delicious). By the way, Wicha caters too. She came to do an Arabian themed dinner party at my house and blew us all away with her wonderful food.