Hiv Sufferers Banned From Thailand

Johnniey

I found out from a friend in UK with HIV that he cannot come to Thailand, his home for 17 years. He has a son in Mattyom 2 and wife here, who are Thai citizens.

How can they get away with this when they are having the current conference in Bangkok?

Any ways round this one - anyone?

Thanks

Johnniey

I found out from a friend in UK with HIV that he cannot come to Thailand, his home for 17 years. He has a son in Mattyom 2 and wife here, who are Thai citizens.

How can they get away with this when they are having the current conference in Bangkok?

Any ways round this one - anyone?

Thanks

Johnniey

Troll :o

I have a friend who is in town for the Aids Conference. They have different forums set up outside the conference hall for people with HIV. One of these forums is legal help for people with HIV. Maybe you should try to get down to the Impact Arena and try to talk to one of these folks. It ends 16 July.

The problem is if its discovered that someone is HIV positive. Its another silly rule. If you look at the ruling it also includes people who have Yellow Fever and Leprosy. Maybe its supposed to relate to people coming for Africa. Hello! I didn’t see many lepers on my flight back form the UK. But you see plenty down Sukhumvit Road.

"I didn’t see many lepers on my flight back form the UK."

The rule applies to all countries, that's why you didn't see any lepers on the airplane.

"But you see plenty down Sukhumvit Road."

Do you? Have you taken these pills again?

how would they know he was a HIV + ?

They might see all the medication that he has to take. Maybe for medical reasons, it is best to let people know the truth. Actually, he told me that all the HIV/AIDS groups have boycotted the country. Also as TB is rife in Thailand it would be taking a chance. Lucky he has the money for his son to visit him in England.

Reminds me of a lady I know who was refused a driver's licence as she was honest and told them that she had had a problem with alcohol, but it was 23 years since she had had a drink. She was refused!!!

Johnniey

I have a friend who is in town for the Aids Conference. They have different forums set up outside the conference hall for people with HIV. One of these forums is legal help for people with HIV. Maybe you should try to get down to the Impact Arena and try to talk to one of these folks. It ends 16 July.

These people with HIV are thais? I think it is a joke having their slogan - "Access for ALL" when they don't allow the very people they are trying to help into the country.

Johnniey

These people with HIV are thais? I think it is a joke having their slogan - "Access for ALL" when they don't allow the very people they are trying to help into the country.

Johnniey

I agree, it's a total joke. It's also a joke that PM Thaksin and Kofi Annan walked out before the one Thai speaker who represented people with HIV spoke at the end of the opening ceremony.

My friend is here with an NGO, and doesn't have HIV, but there are some people with HIV who entered the country, because of course this is a high-profile affair. Things will go back to "normal" again as soon as every international witness leaves the country.

I have a friend who is in town for the Aids Conference.  They have different forums set up outside the conference hall for people with HIV.  One of these forums is legal help for people with HIV.  Maybe you should try to get down to the Impact Arena and try to talk to one of these folks.  It ends 16 July.

Can you send these links to [email protected]

We will make sure that any link with regards to the AIDS virus is represented here favourably.

Cheers