Fishing The Big Lake In Chaweng

Hi folks

I've gone over the excellent fishing thread that appeared a few months ago.

One question that remains unanswered (unless I've missed it) is whether or not you can fish the big lake in Chaweng.

Has anyone fished it? Is it permitted to fish it? Has anyone seen any fish caught there?

Cheers

Somchai

You are no longer permitted to fish in there, and I never see people fishing there anymore.

a few years ago there was always a few people wading with nets, and always a few with lines.

I know there are fresh water prawns in there as I have seen them caught. Have also heard of Blah Chon being caught. Never heard of anything big coming out though.

As a foreigner you may get away with fishing.

People always moan about what we as foreigners can't do in Thailand, but often I find I can get away with things as locals are too embarressed to tell the foreigner off!

I'm not sure though if there's anything worth catching in there.

There is another large lake in the south of the island, not sure if that holds fish of any size eigher.

Hi folks

One question that remains unanswered (unless I've missed it) is whether or not you can fish the big lake in Chaweng.

Has anyone fished it? Is it permitted to fish it? Has anyone seen any fish caught there?

Cheers

Somchai

I think you'd have to be NUTS to eat anything coming out of that "lake"! I would not even wade, much less swim in that pond.

...I think you'd have to be NUTS to eat anything coming out of that "lake"! I would not even wade, much less swim in that pond.

:o do you refer to the "runoffs" from the Reggea Pub and the other Establishments around that area? :D

...I think you'd have to be NUTS to eat anything coming out of that "lake"! I would not even wade, much less swim in that pond.

:o do you refer to the "runoffs" from the Reggea Pub and the other Establishments around that area? :D

theres leeches and lots of shit pump from the bars and locals pump in there ,good luck

theres leeches and lots of shit pump from the bars and locals pump in there ,good luck

I have sat and watched the lake in the evening a few times and watched a few big swirls on the surface,it would be cool to know if there were a few mekhong catfish or siam carp in there.......get the rods out time!!.....i could happily sit behind some legered rods and bite alarms whilst gluggin a few changs....

Hi folks

Cheers

Somchai

Hi,

the Chaweng Lake is the biggest waste-water lake here on the the Island.

even at the festivals around the market, is everybody using the lake as a WC, not to forget, also all the Waste comes into this Lake as well..

Rent a Zodiac-boat with an outboarder at Fishermans Village, really cheap, then you will catch some fishes for sure...!

Hi folks

Cheers

Somchai

I think you'd have to be NUTS to eat anything coming out of that "lake"! I would not even wade, much less swim in that pond.

I wasn't planning on eating a fish if I pulled it out of there. I'd simply enjoy the sport, savour the moment and put it back to fight another day.

Though having said that, I'd have to be quick or my wife'd have it on the barbie as soon as look at it!

:o