Places For Good Fresh Baked Bread

mild7even

I love the English white bread and the wheat bread at Crusty Loaf, but more often than not, they seem to be out of bread. I won't go on a rant about a bakery not having bread... but it is something like going to a bar and finding out they are out of beer.

Yes, I know I can order the bread ahead of time, but I don't track my bread consumption to the point where I can forecast when I want another loaf. I just want to walk into a place and have some available.

Any places that have good fresh baked bread, and more importantly, actually has some on hand on a regular basis? I'm looking for something like the English bread and wheat bread I used to be able find at the Crusty Loaf. I'm getting tired of the bread from 7/11!

Thanks...

Looking for something in th 20 baht range.

I think that it is something like 25 baht for 1/2 a loaf of cheap, mass-produced Thai "wholewheat" bread in the supermarket. Where do you expect to get "good fresh baked bread" for less than half that price? :o

I think that it is something like 25 baht for 1/2 a loaf of cheap, mass-produced Thai "wholewheat" bread in the supermarket. Where do you expect to get "good fresh baked bread" for less than half that price? :o

thailand is not a country to get nice bread for that sort of price. in malaysia perhaps, the gardenia bread there is two times heavier compared to the ones sold here and at the same price!

i must however agree with UG that the round wholewheat bread from JJ's is wonderful. 55Baht for a loaf. their new location near the san kampheng intersection, Chareon Prathet road is perfect for me :D

I am located at Hangdong, so it is convenient for me to buy at Jo's Bakery on Canal Rd. (near Wat Namprae) 200 meters south of way to Op Khan.

He also produces pickles, mustard, mayonaise, and more. The guy got a degree on food technology, so he knows how to do good quality. I have his phone number, post me if you want it too.

Leo

Allow me to add a requirement: It should not cost 60 baht for a loaf.

Some very good bread at the new Rimping.

Otherwise Big C makes an eatable wholewheat bread. 19 bahts a loaf

Edited by adjan jb

I like the bread at Carrefour. I have tried bread from Pie Sabai which is sold at the original Rimping store (perhaps elsewhere too?) but it is not as good as the stuff from Carrefour in my opinion.

Buonissimo make very decent bread too.

I agree. I have only ever picked up my own Pie Sabai stuff from Audrey's, as it loses something by the time it hits the shelves.

I think that it is something like 25 baht for 1/2 a loaf of cheap, mass-produced Thai "wholewheat" bread in the supermarket.

Eh, yes, or 18-22 baht or so at Carrefour, Tesco, etc.

Where do you expect to get "good fresh baked bread" for less than half that price?

I'm not looking for half that price, I'm looking for 20 baht-ish range. 29 baht or, heck, even 30 baht would still be okay.

Where do you expect to get "good fresh baked bread" for less than half that price?

I'm not looking for half that price, I'm looking for 20 baht-ish range. 29 baht or, heck, even 30 baht would still be okay.

Well you implied you wanted a loaf at that price; and U took as a reference 25 baht for half a loaf. So you were looking to pay "less than half the price" quoted by U.

On a bit of a deviation, though I'm fairly happy with the quality and variety of bread available in Chiang Mai, I'm worried that when I move to chiang Rai next month I'll be completely deprived of edible bread. If so I was thinking of buying a bread maker and was wondering if after trial and error with the ingredients one can approach - even if not quite reach - the quality of bread from a decent bakery.

Mons bakery. They also deliver. http://www.monsbakery.com/

Looked all overt the website but no address / location map? Doesn't she want to be found?

Nice strong baker's arms on her though in the picture.. Hmmm. .

You've got to be kidding. Click on "contacts" or put your glasses on and you will see their number (with a big orange circle around it) on the opening home page. http://www.monsbakery.com/mail/contact_e.p...f25a9230a0d2b41

Edited by Austhaied

Amolnat Kornkaew

118/4 Moo 2, Baan Bakoitai,

T. Sanpisua, A.J. Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai 50300

Yeah.. Is the shop located there as well? That's not the clearest directions to a place I've ever seen in my life. There's no location map right?

Well you implied you wanted a loaf at that price; and U took as a reference 25 baht for half a loaf. So you were looking to pay "less than half the price" quoted by U.

Oh, right, I see what you mean now. You mean the smaller packs are actually 'half' right. I don't eat that much bread so this whole loaf / half loaf business is a bit academic, I would never finish a 'whole' one. (big pack)

Amolnat Kornkaew

118/4 Moo 2, Baan Bakoitai,

T. Sanpisua, A.J. Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai 50300

Yeah.. Is the shop located there as well? That's not the clearest directions to a place I've ever seen in my life. There's no location map right?

Oh, right, I see what you mean now. You mean the smaller packs are actually 'half' right. I don't eat that much bread so this whole loaf / half loaf business is a bit academic, I would never finish a 'whole' one. (big pack)

Just call and ask them for directions, they speak English.. Phone: 053 11 07 22 / Mobile: 089 950 23 71

Mons bakery. They also deliver. http://www.monsbakery.com/

Audrey at Pie Sabai near Wat Umong also bakes fresh bread and bakery items.

I'm confused about the "bakery sore" mentioned on that webpage. Are they caused or cured by the bread?

Probably from listening to all the farangs complaining about SFA..

whats wrong with the SFA? not sweet enough probably :o

On a bit of a deviation, though I'm fairly happy with the quality and variety of bread available in Chiang Mai, I'm worried that when I move to chiang Rai next month I'll be completely deprived of edible bread. If so I was thinking of buying a bread maker and was wondering if after trial and error with the ingredients one can approach - even if not quite reach - the quality of bread from a decent bakery.

Regarding Bread Machines,,,they are to be reccomended.I used one for years to make and prove the dough but then baked it in a tin in the oven. These days I just make it by hand. I find the Thai bread to be too light...cant make decent toast with it...by making my own I can get a heavier bread.

Regarding Bread Machines,,,they are to be reccomended.I used one for years to make and prove the dough but then baked it in a tin in the oven. These days I just make it by hand. I find the Thai bread to be too light...cant make decent toast with it...by making my own I can get a heavier bread.

You are recommending them - but you sttopped using yours?