Thai Drivers License In Isaan

roietjimmy

This may be the wrong forum but none the less I forge on!

Has anyone managed to get a Thai drivers license in Roiet or adjoining provinces? Where did you get it? What documents were required?

Having looked at the pinned "thai drivers license" I think I pretty much know what I need to take when I apply but anything Isaan residents can add would be appreciated.

I have two five-year licences; one for car and the other for motorbike. These were obtained from the Surin Driving and Licensing Centre (I am not aware of the correct name for the establishment). Both licences were issued when the initial 1-year licences expired and these had been issued from the Pranburi Driving and Licensing Centre (South of Hua Hin). I would think that Roi Et, as the provincial capital, has a similar Driving and Licensing Centre. I would recommend that you go and talk with them and determine what documents you need to present to get your initial one-year licence. From memory, I think you will need a medical certificate (30 baht), 2 photos of the correct size, certificate of residence from your local Immigration Department, and your International or Home Country Driving Licence. :o

I got my initial 1 year car licence a few years ago and I was required to show my passport with Non Imm O visa, international driving licence, a stat dec (translated from eng to thai) statiing my address in Thailand , and my Oz drving licence. No medical exams, no driving tests no eye, colour blindness or depth perception tests required. The cost was 100 baht and it took about an hour to be finalised.

I think that every individual licence and registration office has their own particular procedures and requirements so go and ask your local one. On the date of expiry I went to the office and was issued a 5 year one for 500 baht with none of the above documents required. Just the 500 baht cost of the licence.

Just go to any car and motorbike registration office and ask there. Ask any Thai where they get their driving licenses. The required documents may change from place to place. But even small offices are usually very helpful and friendly.

There should be no problems.

Regards

Thedi