Be1st Card

I've just applied Be1st card and to my suprise, it is labeled as Visa card, not Visa electron.

Why? Isn't this card supposed to be debit card? It should label as Visa electron. If they label as Visa, can we use it as credit card?

I use my regular BE1 debit visa shopping all the time. From Tops grocery to shopping at Central.

Never have problems.

Can even be used online in the same way as a visa (if you use the last 3 digits(of 4) under the main number), but i havent done this yet. (Members here have reported transactions as successful).

No idea why you were though of as crazy for using it Jeff. Maybe the card is different now from when you were issued it last year? I have had mine for around 7 months.

Edited by eek

I use my regular BE1 debit visa shopping all the time. From Tops grocery to shopping at Central.

Never have problems.

Can even be used online in the same way as a visa (if you use the last 3 digits(of 4) under the main number), but i havent done this yet. (Members here have reported transactions as successful).

No idea why you were though of as crazy for using it Jeff. Maybe the card is different now from when you were issued it last year? I have had mine for around 7 months.

I will have to talk to the bank when I get back. Like that last poster, I got mine around 03-04. Maybe there are other cards that do more now. I know mine is not a credit card but I agree, a debit card should work anywhere.

The last 3 digits thing doesn't work for me and I have about 6 Be1st cards issued since they first came out. I reckon it works when the software doesn't use the CCV number.

get Kaisikorn internet visa card. Works fine after verifying it with Visa.

so that I can't use it to buy Skype or verify with Paypal?

what do kasikorn need for their internet card?

http://www.kasikornbank.com/GlobalHome/EN/...t_ewebcard.html

Seems straightforward.....

You go into branch and join, sign up for internet banking then log on and apply for an e-debit card. I think they email the details for you and you can start shopping online suing a 3 digit code they email you and also an expiry and other details which is emailed.

I think.......

Can anyone explain exactly how it works?

Do any other banks have similar systems, this is the first i've heard of it.

I don't have credit card and if this works it would be very helpful, I think i'll open an account there tomorrow.