Daycrossings Into Neighbouring Countries

asiaworld

Thais can visit every neighboring country on a 'border pass' , which removes the need of passport, and thus stamping it . So far i know of 3 pagodas pass, Don Xau in Golden triangle & Preah Vihear in Cambo. Does anyone knows where else can one visit, without stamping , or is there a chance at any crossing to make a border pass for foreigner ?!

:o There's nothing dodgy about it at all . I know it absolutely doesn't appeal to the visa runners. But for the residents of thailand, or anyone travelling often enough to fill their passports without need for border runs. I simply enjoy driving around Thailand once in a while & like to visit it's neighbors for the variety sake :D .. I Don't think Chiang Saen crossing can be done ! I've asked myself last year . The boats you've mentioned is to Don Xau dutyfree market island on Lao side, i took them from Golden triangle, 'twas 400b. for the boat + 20 b. for Lao entry fee (beats 32 $ cost of Lao visa :D ) . if you know of the other departure points please enlighten us ..

btw. sutnyod , can you tell us more abt. Chongmek - Vangtao ?! ? thanx

I was also going to post a similar question to the OP's. I have no need to do visa runs etc because of working here but would like to go accross to Laos or Cambodia without my passport being stamped or rather having my visa become "disturbed". Is there a day pass or over night pass available on a seperate form available at the border crossing?

I was also going to post a similar question to the OP's. I have no need to do visa runs etc because of working here but would like to go accross to Laos or Cambodia without my passport being stamped or rather having my visa become "disturbed". Is there a day pass or over night pass available on a seperate form available at the border crossing?

As i've mentioned above in Cambo. theres place near Ubon Ratchathani , thai i know of is Preah Vihear temple (Kao phra Vihan in thai) , allows you day entry for 5us$ fee. I myself is more interested in Lao (can't afford 1,5 visa page damage in my already fastfilling passport with Thai & Cambo residency stamps), actually thai citizens are allowed to go even into Vientiane area for upto a week on the 'border pass'(like 50baht issued on presentation of thai ID card!). All i know

of is a small island in Golden triangle, as i wrote above , lets wait if we'll know more from sunyod about Chong Mek crossing,

seems a possibility, usually in all those plases you have to be back to Thailand before 6pm on the same day ! But you can enter in the morning, and anyway you do limited to a certain areas only .

As i've mentioned above in Cambo. theres place near Ubon Ratchathani , thai i know of is Preah Vihear temple (Kao phra Vihan in thai) , allows you day entry for 5us$ fee. I myself is more interested in Lao (can't afford 1,5 visa page damage in my already fastfilling passport with Thai & Cambo residency stamps), actually thai citizens are allowed to go even into Vientiane area for upto a week on the 'border pass'(like 50baht issued on presentation of thai ID card!). All i know

of is a small island in Golden triangle, as i wrote above , lets wait if we'll know more from sunyod about Chong Mek crossing,

seems a possibility, usually in all those plases you have to be back to Thailand before 6pm on the same day ! But you can enter in the morning, and anyway you do limited to a certain areas only .

hhmmmm, let's wait & see for good news then :o