Need Some Help/advice, Evacuation To Garage

Lorin

The car wont start, battery was checked and is not a problem, need to bring the car to Mazda garage I think tomorrow morning. Anyone had experience with that situation? Any service I can trust? Seems to me dealing with Mazda for picking up my car will be long story as always with them.

The car wont start, battery was checked and is not a problem, need to bring the car to Mazda garage I think tomorrow morning. Anyone had experience with that situation? Any service I can trust? Seems to me dealing with Mazda for picking up my car will be long story as always with them.

Before you have it towed find a big wrench or long bar, locate the starter, and give it a few sharp whacks. That sometimes is enough to get a recalcitrant starter going again. That way you could drive it it and save some time and headache. Might work, might not, but nothing to lose.

Before you have it towed find a big wrench or long bar, locate the starter, and give it a few sharp whacks. That sometimes is enough to get a recalcitrant starter going again. That way you could drive it it and save some time and headache. Might work, might not, but nothing to lose.

Thanks for your advice, but I have no idea where starter is located, cant see it outside anyways...:-(

I'm inclined to agree with all suggestions posted so far but be careful about belting the starter with something metal. Some starter motors have an aluminium frame, which is easily damaged. If you're going to belt it with something, try a block of wood.

Also, it could be that the connections to the starter motor are a bit 'dry' or loose.

Could also be a blown fuseable link.

Edited by elkangorito

Guys as soon as the OP said he had no idea how to locate the starter all logical mechanical remedies should have stopped. Call the garage and have them collect the car. I still find it astonishing that so many people have no idea what happens under the bonnet, or hood for our US friends. How do you check oil / fluid levels and washers fluids????????? A small bit of knowledge can save you a lot of money. Get somebody to show you the basics on the engine. You dont need to be a rocket scientist :o

Very true that I have no idea about what's going under the bonnet, except maybe checking oil and water, plus that car has no gears as its automatic. As expected Mazda cant pick up my car, so Thai friend of mine looking for another solution. I love Thailand..:-)

Guys as soon as the OP said he had no idea how to locate the starter all logical mechanical remedies should have stopped. Call the garage and have them collect the car. I still find it astonishing that so many people have no idea what happens under the bonnet, or hood for our US friends. How do you check oil / fluid levels and washers fluids????????? A small bit of knowledge can save you a lot of money. Get somebody to show you the basics on the engine. You dont need to be a rocket scientist :o

Right Lorin as its auto you cant bump start it, There must be a Thai mechanic near you as they are everwhere. Just walk for a little while and you will find somebody fixing either a car or bike. Wave a few hundred baht at them and your car will get to Mazda no problem, Good luck

find the fuse box both inside the passenger compartment and the box in the engine bay....give the relays a good tapping with your fingers...sometimes the relays stick.

wiggle the gear shift lever around a bit too, too make sure the sensor isnt sticking and preventing the car from starting... try starting it in neutral.

ummm what kind of mazda is it?

My thoughts exactly. Had a call from a friend to say a red warning light had come on on the dashboard of his new saab

'Ok, have you checked the oil level on the dipstick?'

'I have the bonnet up now. Where's the dipstick?'

'Ok, close the bonnet and call the AA'

My thoughts exactly. Had a call from a friend to say a red warning light had come on on the dashboard of his new saab

'Ok, have you checked the oil level on the dipstick?'

'I have the bonnet up now. Where's the dipstick?'

'Ok, close the bonnet and call the AA'

correct ,if you know nothing about cars ,find someone that does ,30 years ago hitting the starter with a lump of wood might work ,cars nowadays arnt as strong as today almost all aluminum parts ,you could do more damage....