Business Internet

Dkr

Does someone have experience on fast/reliable internet for business use at Bangkok? I need a place/service that has 10Mbit or faster connection. Where? Which ISP? (I hope CAT), price? .. am I dreaming? :o

Looks like!! 512/512 TRUE 32,000 p. month 2/2 Mbps 1xx.xxx p month!!

Which catogory are you looking for?

Comparing price and quality? Go for a SME package. TOT can deliver 4Mbps in the south, so around Bangkok you must be able to get more. Technical limitations of adsl is 8M down, 1M up. I wouldn't be surprised if you can that in Bangkok.

I tried a leased line from CSLoxinfo (HDSL 512) for a couple of month. They promised 512k dedicated international bandwidth. And they kept their promise, except for the international part. Cheap line by the way, only 30k per month excluding VAT.

If you're in the center of Bangkok, check out some metropolitan providers. There are some projects ongoing with fiber rings connecting several office buildings. However 10Mbps dedicated international bandwidth is gonna require a few more baht per month (Reimar already gave a hint).

Look around on the net, and then find the offices and talk to the people. You won't find prices on the websites.

Comparing price and quality? Go for a SME package. TOT can deliver 4Mbps in the south, so around Bangkok you must be able to get more. Technical limitations of adsl is 8M down, 1M up. I wouldn't be surprised if you can that in Bangkok.

Actually what I was looking for was little more bandwidth for upstream, but seems like Thailand is not ready for hosting something like am trying to do. I will try to get someone from CAT/TOT to talk, but seems like I have to place my server somewhere else. Kuala Lumbur, Singrapore, Taiwan or even Vietnam seem to be ahead Thailand for putting up working server environment.

Actually what I was looking for was little more bandwidth for upstream, but seems like Thailand is not ready for hosting something like am trying to do. I will try to get someone from CAT/TOT to talk, but seems like I have to place my server somewhere else. Kuala Lumbur, Singrapore, Taiwan or even Vietnam seem to be ahead Thailand for putting up working server environment.

So the requirements are not only bandwidth but also public IP addresses. If I can remember correctly, the 4Mbps package package from TOT comes with 8 public addresses (/29 subnet), out of which only 5 addresses are usable for websites. Getting a larger range seems to be impossible.

And once you have webservers running on your own network, reliability is another requirement. No ISP gives any uptime guarantees, since they all have to use TOT for their long-range circuits. But Bangkok may be different for this. Bottom line: chances are very real your webservers will be unreachable several times a month.