The Coffee Boy

bungalowbill

• 2 weeks later...
I heard the Coffee Boy is open again after being closed for a while. A freind of mine coming to visit has stayed there a few years ago and liked it. Anyone know if the rooms are still nice? How about the bar? Is there a show going on? Any info is appreciated.

Treked over there a few nights back to check it out; Coffee Boy is still going! Whilst the place itself is nice with it's Lanna style decor etc, and the people are friendly enough, there were only four or five hosts there. Almost no customers, and they didn't have a show as such, but some of the guys took turns at dancing alone on the stage in underwear, some more provocatively than others...... I didn't investigate what else they would do :o

If you've got transport its somewhere to go for a change once in a while, but probably not worth it for what a Tuk Tuk would rip you off for.

Dunno about the accomodation.

Let's not be specific about details, please. As I recall from one time, the missing hosts are sometimes kept out in the gazebo, or somewhere else. That's about four years ago. It's always suffered management problems, and the same lady (?) has been the manager.

If you have your own transport, or know Chiang Mai, it's not that far off the beaten track. You could almost walk from Arcade bus station. However, the trouble is getting home; you'd have to walk the 200 meters back to the station.

///Added: if you don't have your own transport, the cottages are handy, on site.

That's about four years ago. It's always suffered management problems, and the same lady (?) has been the manager.

Yep, the same lady (definitely?????? :D ) is still there, boasting about how long she's been there and looking as old as the building itself. :o