Long Term Parking

goodguy

Last year in November I parked at the Long Term Parking Area at Suvarnabhumi Airport. I was pleased to find it was free at that stage last year. I was also pleased to find my car as I had left it when I returned to Thailand. There was a free shuttle bus to and from the terminals.

Does anyone know what the story is now please?

Agree that it is Bt250 per day (more than 12 hours I think) but I do not know how secure it is. I have left it there for the odd day but not sure I'd want some guys noticing that it hadn't moved in days. Remember, it is a near million baht temptation. If that represents 3 years wages (at 25k) then figure out how much of a temptation it would be to you ?

Yeah.

Emperor Tud, :o when did you park there?

Is it really the same price in the Long Term Area? 250Bt per day? That area is exposed to the sun.

The other option next to the terminals, is that covered?

Would be good if the Airport published an up to date link on their web site. Maybe Thai Visa could pin a post re: Parking

The long term parking is 150 baht a day but the buses are old and not easy to get luggage on and off,and on the return journey you have to change buses to get to the car park a right pain.I also noticed how few cars were in the long term park!Better to park opposite the terminal if only leaving a few days and I think quite secure.

Last year in November I parked at the Long Term Parking Area at Suvarnabhumi Airport. I was pleased to find it was free at that stage last year. I was also pleased to find my car as I had left it when I returned to Thailand. There was a free shuttle bus to and from the terminals.

Does anyone know what the story is now please?

I don't know about the long term parking, but here's a link to the official Suvarnabhumi page about

parking.

Covered parking directly opposite from the terminal is 250 Baht/day for a maximum of 24 days.

http://www.airportthai.co.th/airportnew/su...ark.asp?lang=en

cheers

onzestan

Well, I phoned the Call Center at Suvarnabhumi and requested Parking Information, the Call Center lady told me Inside Parking is yes, 250 Baht per day and Outside Parking is 140 Baht per day.

It will be interesting to see the what the reality is when I get back.

Why would they be charging some people 150 Baht per day when they quote 140 Baht per day?

What is the price of a cheap car cover these days?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I guess I should put a lay mans guide for LTP at Suvarnabhumi.

Long Term Parking Revealed.

Drive your own car to the Airport, following the Airport signs placed conveniently on the routes. All roads lead to Suvarnabhumi Airport. Once there, follow the signs to Long Term Parking. Park in Area A. That's the only one currently open anyway. Take your ticket from the little man or woman at the Entry Booth. Find a space and park your vehicle. Keep your gear in Neutral, it says to do that on the back at the bottom of the ticket. Walk with your luggage a short distance to the Bus Stop. Catch the Bus to the main terminal. 5 minute Bus Ride. That Bus Route is Bus Route "A". Arrive at the main Terminal and catch your flight.

When you return. Clear Customs, pick up your luggage and proceed to Entry/Exit No. 5. This is on Arrivals level 2. You may have to use Entry/Exit No.6 and backtrack to No.5 where you will then cross first one road, to the island with a second road where you may see a crowd of waiting passengers waiting for Bus Route "B". Catch the Bus to the Main Airport Bus Terminal. At the Main Terminal catch another bus, Bus"A" which takes you back to the Long Term Parking Area. I had to hail the driver to "Jot, Jot, Jot" to get him to pull up which he did when he realized he had a passenger for the Long Term Parking. Pick up your car and proceed to the Car Park Exit Booth, give your ticket to the Little Man in the Booth and he will calculate your parking charge at 140 Baht per Day, and show you the total on his Electronic Calculator, if you ask him for a receipt, a "Bai Set", he will give you a whole handful of 20 Baht parking tickets.

On exit from the payment booth, turn left, turn left and left at the lights to take back out onto the main Bangkok motorway, after about 2 Kilometres if you need to take the Route 9, you will see a huge road sign with for Bang Pa In that's if you are heading for Saraburi and Nakhon Ratchasima and Ee San.

This information is correct at Wenesday 21st November 2007.

Well I guess I should put a lay mans guide for LTP at Suvarnabhumi.

Long Term Parking Revealed.

Drive your own car to the Airport, following the Airport signs placed conveniently on the routes. All roads lead to Suvarnabhumi Airport. Once there, follow the signs to Long Term Parking. Park in Area A. That's the only one currently open anyway. Take your ticket from the little man or woman at the Entry Booth. Find a space and park your vehicle. Keep your gear in Neutral, it says to do that on the back at the bottom of the ticket. Walk with your luggage a short distance to the Bus Stop. Catch the Bus to the main terminal. 5 minute Bus Ride. That Bus Route is Bus Route "A". Arrive at the main Terminal and catch your flight.

When you return. Clear Customs, pick up your luggage and proceed to Entry/Exit No. 5. This is on Arrivals level 2. You may have to use Entry/Exit No.6 and backtrack to No.5 where you will then cross first one road, to the island with a second road where you may see a crowd of waiting passengers waiting for Bus Route "B". Catch the Bus to the Main Airport Bus Terminal. At the Main Terminal catch another bus, Bus"A" which takes you back to the Long Term Parking Area. I had to hail the driver to "Jot, Jot, Jot" to get him to pull up which he did when he realized he had a passenger for the Long Term Parking. Pick up your car and proceed to the Car Park Exit Booth, give your ticket to the Little Man in the Booth and he will calculate your parking charge at 140 Baht per Day, and show you the total on his Electronic Calculator, if you ask him for a receipt, a "Bai Set", he will give you a whole handful of 20 Baht parking tickets.

On exit from the payment booth, turn left, turn left and left at the lights to take back out onto the main Bangkok motorway, after about 2 Kilometres if you need to take the Route 9, you will see a huge road sign with for Bang Pa In that's if you are heading for Saraburi and Nakhon Ratchasima and Ee San.

This information is correct at Wenesday 21st November 2007.

5 days x 250 = 1250 + gas + tolls. Mr. T Pattaya-Suv return 1900 all incl and door-2-door service and can leave the car home in the garage.

Honda Civics Aut current model you can't pull the key until the gear lever is in "P" so how do leave it in "N"?

Edited by Phil Conners