Non-imm Visa

After some lengthy and long paperwork, I have finally been granted a 1-year Non-Immigrant multiple re-entry Visa. Similarly I have also had a 1-year work permit granted and these now both expire on the same date.

My question to those more learned than myself in this wounderful Kingdom, is this:

Should the Work Permit become null and void, ie leave company for any reason...., will the entry Visa also become void?

A change of job status is on the cards but there is likely to be a period of time between these employment opportunities!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this one but I believe that if you have a multiple entry visa independent of your work permit, it will survive any termination of your work permit. Any visa you get in conjunction with your work permit (i.e. the extended stay visa) will need to be relinquished (i.e. leave the country) within 7 days of the termination or renunciation of your work permit.

I think this is how it works with non-B multiple entry visas but I'm not sure about other types of non-imm visas.

Can Sunbelt shed any light on this one?

If the WP has been used to extend the Visa as Dawn says you'll need to leave within 7 days (some people say 10). But if you're still within the years' activation period of the multi you'll get another 90 days on (re) entry back into Thailand. If the work permit has not been used to extend the Visa.....no problemo?