I Want To Go To Oh My Cod

Chuckler

It’s not very near any stations. Nearest BTS stations are National Stadium or Ratchatewi and nearest MRT station is Hua Lamphong. You will still need to take a taxi though to get there. Another way is to take the canal boat to the last stop which will take you about 5 mins away by taxi.

Just get a taxi to Khao Sarn and walk from there. It's just by the temple.

Agreed, that's how sis and I went the last time. We were totally looking forward to the fast devouring of 2 platters of fish due to the many raves I had found online but came away severly let down. :D Much props for the big-ass size of fish though. Ordered cod for myself which had bones aplenty and thus making the whole devouring business a thoroughly unpleasant affair; would have overlooked that tiny issue if the flesh had at least been tasty. But alas. Chips were soggy and soaked through with oil. We were the only customers there at 7pm and yet waited a good half hour for our meal. YMMV and all though. :o

Agreed, that's how sis and I went the last time.

Yes, that's the way! Take whatever from KS to Train station is MRT (subway) closest and easiest.

Agreed, that's how sis and I went the last time. We were totally looking forward to the fast devouring of 2 platters of fish due to the many raves I had found online but came away severly let down. :D Much props for the big-ass size of fish though. Ordered cod for myself which had bones aplenty and thus making the whole devouring business a thoroughly unpleasant affair; would have overlooked that tiny issue if the flesh had at least been tasty. But alas. Chips were soggy and soaked through with oil. We were the only customers there at 7pm and yet waited a good half hour for our meal. YMMV and all though. :o

Whenever i go i have either the breakfast or bangers and mash, both of which are great. But friends who have had fish and chips have been unimpressed. A shame as what with the name of the place, it should be the best thing on the menu. Speaking of which, last time i went the menus looked so greasy and dog- eared, having obvioulsy been fingered by numerous back-packers, almost put me off ordering!

I ended up catching a taxi, the taxi couldn't find the way to Khao Sahn (even with my level 1 Thai) - we found many Thanon pit.

:o

I wanted the Blue Cheeseburger, so instead I went to Tops, then McDonalds and made my own. Next time, I'll do it properly.

I ended up catching a taxi, the taxi couldn't find the way to Khao Sahn (even with my level 1 Thai) - we found many Thanon pit.

:o

I wanted the Blue Cheeseburger, so instead I went to Tops, then McDonalds and made my own. Next time, I'll do it properly.

i am not sure which is more depressing - not being able to find khao san in a taxi or adding blue cheese to a mcdonalds hamburger.

• 1 year later...
I was disappointed with Oh My Cod! after lofty expectations.

The fish and chips are average at best.

Best in the city is still The Ship Inn on Sukhumvit 23 by a large margin.

Really? How does it compare with Offshore?

offshore is a dreadful place,oh my cod first class,

Maybe only brits should be posting on this topic,as we are the experts on the subject of fish and chips......................just like to say,oh my cod is very nice,the best fish and chips in thailand that i have tasted,chips,cod,mushy peas,vinegar,surroundings,service all very good in my opinion.Offshore is ok but you feel like you need a few injections from the dr before you go into the place seems a bit dirty ?

Maybe only brits should be posting on this topic,as we are the experts on the subject of fish and chips......................just like to say,oh my cod is very nice,the best fish and chips in thailand that i have tasted,chips,cod,mushy peas,vinegar,surroundings,service all very good in my opinion.Offshore is ok but you feel like you need a few injections from the dr before you go into the place seems a bit dirty ?

Yes you're right, Offshore does have a greasy feel to it, but aren't chippies supposed to be like that?

As for "oh my cod", i haven't myself had a bad meal there. In fact even the Thai food is good.

Take the BTS to Saphan Taksin and then take the express boat (12 baht) to Phra Atit pier. It's a 5 to 7 minute walk from there. Just look at the map you posted. The boat ride is fun!

Yes, this is the scenic route but it will take you half a day to get there by going this route. Also, express boats stop running after 7PM.

never been there, normally go to buddy bar on khao san when down there to eat. ordered the roast chicken and was sad to wait so long for it to arrive, however on arrival it was half a chicken so it was understandable it took time to cook.

i will try this cod place on my next soiree down there

tobangsue.png

Whenever I use the MRT I eagerly follow the signs with the big arrows saying "To Bang Sue", but when I get to the end of the platform there are no further directions and never a Sue in sight. :D

Have Heard she has a " Sponsor " And has moved back to Buriram บุรีรัมย์ :D:o

Terrible restaurant. Waitresses rude to my Thai wife in front of our young son and the food (which was average) took ages. Hardly anyone in the place - I figured the staff didn't appreciate having customers mid-afternoon, interrupting their siesta.

There are so many better places to go.

• 2 weeks later...