Tape Worms In Thailand?

I have always wormed my dogs with Ivomec but a couple months ago I found out my dogs had Tape Worms. I have been to the Vet here who gave me medicine he claimed will kill Tape Worms but it did not work, One dog again passed some worms. The standard medicine for Tape Worms in America is not available here in Thailand or at least I have not found it. The name is praziquantel, If anyone knows where I can get it or has used it here any comments are welcome. Any comments about Tapeworms in Thailand are welcomed, In America I would just go get them a dose and that would be the end but here drama goes on forever it seems. Three Vets, A dozen phone calls, A couple road trips, a bottle of antacid and my dogs still have tapeworms, am I the only one dealing with this?

I think you'd better send a PM to Bambina, as being the (forum) vet. She can tell you exactly what to buy.

I had last time a dog in boarding with tapeworm (a huge one, yikes!). Sure enough, it happened that it was a species uncommon in dogs. Anyway, the vet gave a cure and the dog is fine now, at least nothing found in the feces anymore. Dunno what kind of med it was, didn't ask. It was specifically for tapeworm, though.

Nienke

Praziquantel is an effective deworm drug for tapeworm, and you can find it in TH . You may have to do another treatment in next 2 weeks.

However, you should know about the fact of tapeworm. It's hard to eradicate it sometimes. The carrier of this nasty thing is fleas ,so you have to check your dog whether he/she has flea infestation or not(dogs eat a flea by accident).

tapeworm.gif

(you will see it as a seed of cucumber or rice, It's only a part of it's body)

About Ivomec, it can only make round worms get paralyzed only.