New Airport To Pattaya

WilliamCave

From the new airport how long does it take to get to Pattaya.

and how far from say kason rd both by taxi,,approx time and cost

thanks

I've done it several times and several ways. If I head towards Pattaya City central around the noon-ish hour from the airport I always plan on 2+ hours. When I use the van service it's around the 800THB mark. If I use the taxi/hire car method it's around the 1,100 THB mark and I pay the tolls (35/40THB at each booth - 3?). Traffic is fickle at best, it IS the holiday season after all,so always plan on the 2+ hours no matter what, especially when heading back to BKK to catch a flight anywhere. :o

Good advice. While I plan on 2 hours plus, the Bell Travel bus (operated by Roon Ruang Coach, the main BKK-Pattaya line) often takes just an hour and a half to one hour 45 minutes.

High season or not I don't think makes that much difference, but Thai weekend-holiday makers from Bangkok *DO* make a difference, so when going there Friday afternoon or going back Sunday afternoon (or around holiday times) then there's often some delay near the toll-gates.

The Bell Travel bus can be booked in advance and picks you up direct from the main terminal, AND in Pattaya takes you to your hotel all for 150 baht total.

Buses run every 2 hours, so if you arrive at an awkward time then you could just take a taxi.

And there's other buses from the Airport *BUS* Terminal as well, one by Roon Ruang Coach proper, and one by The Transport Company (B.K.S.). I have the departure times somewhere if you're interested.

If from down-town bangkok by taxi, add 30 minutes. (Unless rush hour, but you shouldn't attempt this in rush hour anyways)

If bus from Ekamai then add a full hour, if not more. From Mo Chit (Northern Terminal), it's already much better, though the terminal is less easy to get to; for some inexplicable reason they managed to have BOTH the BTS Skytrain AND the MTR Subway not connect to the main Bangkok bus terminal, even though they both end up in the general area.

Edited by chanchao