London To Pattaya Flight & Hotel Or Flight Only?

grace2much

Hi folks,

Need some advice. I'm going to Pattaya in early Feb 08 on business for 1 week and had thought about booking a flight from London to Pattaya and finding hotel either when I arrived or probably online before I leave. But it seems as if I might be better to book a package flight + hotel from a Travel company, they seem cheaper than booking the flight and hotel separately....what do you think?

Also could you recommend a few hotels/guesthouse for me? I'm Looking for a modern newish exl/good standard, air con etc and away from the Pattaya night life, would prefer a quiet family area.

Many thanks in advance and I appreciate the help :o

If you've decided to book a package, why are you asking about Guest houses & hotels?

Come on back when you've made up your mind.

If you do come back, come up with dates and a budget. :D

Hmmmm Jiu-Jitsu thanks for the friendly and helpful reply, though you must have misunderstood my "grammar tenses" :o"a soft answer turns away wrath"...from the biggest selling booking in the world :D

Have a great weekend my friend.

Hi folks,

Need some advice. I'm going to Pattaya in early Feb 08 on business for 1 week and had thought about booking a flight from London to Pattaya and finding hotel either when I arrived or probably online before I leave. But it seems as if I might be better to book a package flight + hotel from a Travel company, they seem cheaper than booking the flight and hotel separately....what do you think?

Also could you recommend a few hotels/guesthouse for me? I'm Looking for a modern newish exl/good standard, air con etc and away from the Pattaya night life, would prefer a quiet family area.

A travel company is more likely to stick you somewhere that gives them a good commission but isn't necessarily guest friendly etc.. You might prefer Jomtien if you want somewhere quiet.

Hi folks,

A travel company is more likely to stick you somewhere that gives them a good commission but isn't necessarily guest friendly etc.. You might prefer Jomtien if you want somewhere quiet.

Thanks tw25rw I'll checkout Jomtien :D

If you've decided to book a package, why are you asking about Guest houses & hotels?

Hmmmm Jiu-Jitsu thanks for the friendly and helpful reply, though you must have misunderstood my "grammar tenses" :o"a soft answer turns away wrath"...from the biggest selling booking in the world :D

Not exactly a great string of replies waiting for you, is there?

Trying to be clever, without being clever at all.

If you want a meaningful reply, you should at least come up with one of the 'cheaper' prices offered by the Travel company.

I'm sure that, somewhere along the way, they will let you know that there are no flights from London to Pattaya.

If you want a meaningful reply, you should at least come up with one of the 'cheaper' prices offered by the Travel company.

I'm sure that, somewhere along the way, they will let you know that there are no flights from London to Pattaya.

You're an unpleasant person aren't you.

Hmmmm Jiu-Jitsu thanks for the friendly and helpful reply, though you must have misunderstood my "grammar tenses" :D"a soft answer turns away wrath"...from the biggest selling booking in the world :D

Hi Hi Jiu-Jitsu, I really didn't mean to be clever (I'm not clever enough to be clever!!) just friendly and lighten the mood with a bit of humor. But it sort of backfired on me, so I really do genuinely apologize for sounding smart/clever or sarcastic .

Text can be a difficult medium to transfer what you mean in tone and heart and as you can see I'm no expert :o You are right I should have added some details to help those I'd asked for advice.

Anyway its late here in the UK so I'll do some checking tomorrow on a few travel sites.

Thanks.....

Who rattled your cage??

Hmmmm Jiu-Jitsu thanks for the friendly and helpful reply, though you must have misunderstood my "grammar tenses" :D"a soft answer turns away wrath"...from the biggest selling booking in the world :D

Hi Hi Jiu-Jitsu, I really didn't mean to be clever (I'm not clever enough to be clever!!) just friendly and lighten the mood with a bit of humor. But it sort of backfired on me, so I really do genuinely apologize for sounding smart/clever or sarcastic .

Text can be a difficult medium to transfer what you mean in tone and heart and as you can see I'm no expert :o You are right I should have added some details to help those I'd asked for advice.

Anyway its late here in the UK so I'll do some checking tomorrow on a few travel sites.

Thanks.....

Against the advice of the pleasant people here, I would suggest that you stay on the Pattaya Beach road, as opposed to Jomtien or the stretch of road between Pattaya and Jomtien.

Simply for ease of access to everything. Transports, supermarkets, shopping etc

Again, I have no idea as to your budget, but £20 per day will get you a prime location. An example of what is available for £20 and under: http://www.mamaison-hotel.com/

Clean and safe location with a good restaurant.

Accomm: £140

Return taxi £32

Flight £467 Kuwait. £485 Etihad.

You can take the bus for a couple of quid each way instead and take cheaper accommodation.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

g2m, I'll try and be as constructive as I can but not being in Pattaya right now can't be too precise.

You say you are going to Pattaya on business. I assume this is your own company business and you don't work for some multinational corporation. Therefore for you costs are important and you don't want to be splashing out unnecessarily. However you want to stay in a nice family oriented part of town and you are undecided whether to book a flight plus hotel or a package.

Strange combination business and a package deal but no matter. The scouser has already recommeded Cabbages and Condoms. I've no experience with the place so can't comment but when I've travelled on business to Pattaya I've stayed at the Amari Orchid Lodge. Very nice hotel but maybe beyond your budget (I wasn't paying :o ) or another one is the Siam Bayview which is a bit closer to the "action".

Either way, personally, I'd book flight and hotel separate then you are totally free to pick and choose and if the hotel isn't up to your standards you can always move on.

Hi folks,

Good advice....plus it's a stone'e throw from anything in and around Pattaya City.

Hi grace2much

When I was a 'UK tourist' I used Westeast Travel or Greenbee to book flights, Then Asiarooms to book hotel/guesthouses. Worked good for me but everyone has there own 'favourites'. There is a good variety of accommodation around Patters depending on your wants/budget. Give us a clue ?

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

Who rattled your cage??

Actually I think Jiu-Jisu is quite right (without trying to be aggresive) the lack of info was inviting a reply like that.

Hotel on South Pattaya beach road www.baboonabeach.com I always stop here & is very reasonable etc.

Hi folks,

Suggest you avoid packages, no sense paying VAT on those things you don't need. Book the ticket as early as you can.

For hotels - Beach Road is *not* away from Pattaya night life nor quiet. You need to give a bit more idea about budget or standard of hotel, there are not many "newish" types in Pattaya. Asia Pattaya Hotel may meet your needs but it is not newish at all, still of decent standard. Royal Cliff will meet your standards but is hellish expensive.

Hi folks,

Suggest you avoid packages, no sense paying VAT on those things you don't need. Book the ticket as early as you can.

For hotels - Beach Road is *not* away from Pattaya night life nor quiet. You need to give a bit more idea about budget or standard of hotel, there are not many "newish" types in Pattaya. Asia Pattaya Hotel may meet your needs but it is not newish at all, still of decent standard. Royal Cliff will meet your standards but is hellish expensive.

Thanks guys for all the info.

Around £20 per night is what I'm looking to spend. I'm self-employed hence the business trip on a budget :D So I'll look at the couple of hotels that have been recommended and I'm sure I can find something OK.

Thanks also for the patience with me :D

Direct flights available at the mo for £490: http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/dea...rope/ETH711.htm Good airline.

Just be sure of your dates. Otherwise there is an £150 cancellation fee or a £75 date change fee for the inbound flight.

Don't concerned about the night life with my recommendations. I'm sure no one would suggest that you were in the middle of the night life if you were staying at the Marriott.

If you really don't want to see any rent-a-girls with their 'johns', you should forego the area completely. But if you are travelling to Pattaya, having some sort of proximity to the beach and staying in half decent place should be enough.

Getting stuck in an out-of-the-way place will just hamper the enjoyment of your trip.

Another place to consider if your don't want the night life 'in your face' is Bella Villa Metro

Wotif

map.gif

Hi folks,

Firstly I've never heard of a flight from London to Pattaya. The usual way is to Bkk and then taxi/bus to Pattaya - about 1.5 to 2 hours - details on request.

Secondly there are more hotels than you can shake a stick at in Pattaya so you'll have to give some idea of what you want....e.g. air, pool, sea view, luxury, budget etc......

Cabbages is about 2 to 3 k per night and my favorite in pattaya area...a bit out of town.

If you pay between 1000 and 2000 baht per night you should get TV (satelite?), pool, air, en suite shower/bath etc etc. just about anywhere in town. google up a map.

Sois 7 and 8 are about the noisiest till 2 or 3 am, also Walking Street is loud until the wee hours...most other places should be quiet enought - the bars are meant to close at 1 or is that 2 am???

Thirdly - Feb is still high season but you would be very unlucky not to find a room at any time of the year in Pattaya

and finally, you don't have to say you're coming on business, there are plenty of folks come here for a "good time" - nothing to be cagey about.

Edited by wilko

But it seems as if I might be better to book a package flight + hotel from a Travel company, they seem cheaper than booking the flight and hotel separately....what do you think?

A package holiday may appear cheaper as it will be quoted price per person.

Let's see... you've stated you want to fly into Pattaya, rather than fly to Bangkok. If you really insist on flying directly into Pattaya (U-Tapao airport), you're going to have to make some connections. Your best bet would probably be to fly London/Singapore, nonstop on British, Singapore Airlines or Qantas, THEN try to connect to Bangkok Airways flight from Singapore to Koh Samui, then another Bangkok Airways flight from Koh Samui to Pattaya. Alternatively, you could go London/Bangkok nonstop, then Bangkok/Samui or Phuket nonstop, then either of those places nonstop to Pattaya (U Tapao). Honestly, I would suggest just getting a nonstop to Bangkok, then taking a bus or taxi to Pattaya.

There are some Russian charter flights into Pattaya... you could also go that route with a few connections in someplace like Moscow, Tashkent or some weird Siberian city, i forget the name... And there are seasonal flights on Korean Airlines into Pattaya from Incheon (Seoul).... really, you should think about a flight into Bangkok, then just get on the bus or taxi. Hope that helps.