Fishing In Bangkok

yellowfish

Hi yellowfish,

My bosses Dad fishes a private lake called Bung Samran -not sure on the spelling.I believe its around 1 hour drive from Bangkok.I have seen a great photo of him and a 115 kilo carp taken from said lake.Has other freshwater species as well.Dont know how much for a day ticket but they have guides available to help you,and heavy tackle as well.

Anyone else fished there?

Hi yellowfish,

My bosses Dad fishes a private lake called Bung Samran -not sure on the spelling.I believe its around 1 hour drive from Bangkok.I have seen a great photo of him and a 115 kilo carp taken from said lake.Has other freshwater species as well.Dont know how much for a day ticket but they have guides available to help you,and heavy tackle as well.

115 kg carp.............i wanna see that photo.

:o:D:D

Hi yellowfish,

115 kg carp.............i wanna see that photo.

:o:D:D

If you think that's big, you shoulda seen the one that got away!! :D:D

Splitlid,

That was a true story.The man in question is called Lung Dam(uncle black) -nicknamed "bighat".I have found this link for you showing some fair sized carp taken from the same lake.

http://www.anglingthailand.com/awards22.asp?rec=carp

I understand that Lung Dams' giant carp is not the biggest from that lake.Some of my saltwater fishing customers when noticing the carp photo in our office recognise "Bighat" from German and Dutch fishing magazines where photos of his fish caused quite a stir.

Yes I've been fishing in that lake with the mad frenchman

It's very well stocked which was the problem for me... I'm not that keen a fisherman and to have a bit every 10mins with a monster of fish soon made me exhausted... was aching for days afterwards