Intermediate Thai Classes Chiang Mai

T_Dog

I have been living in Chiang Mai for over a year and have gotten to a decent point of Thai conversation, but I am at a plateau. I have been trying to find an intensive intermediate Thai course (2-3 hours a day) so I can learn more vocabulary, but have not found anything available. I have found an instructor willing to teach a course like this, but ONLY if the students are at approximately the same level. What options have TV members found to keep learning Thai besides self-study? Are there people out there interested in 5 day a week intermediate courses? How do you get to the point where you can actually understand the TV news? All help appreciated.

Hey, it is lonely in this Topic! I am surprised more people do not want to advance their Thai Language skills. Are you happy with your own learning, have fears about learning, or just content to speak your native language in Thailand? I thought more people would respond to this thread in one way or another, but it is an eerie quiet! I am looking for a fun way to learn more Thai, and think I have found the right person. I'll post one more time here before I give up.

It is difficult to find the thai tv program which teach Thai language for tourism.. Usually they teach Thai student in the very high level. Maybe you can contact teacher name is Lah. She teach here in Chiang Mai. But she always busy with too many customers...www.thailanguagechiangmai.com I hope you will have good luck.

Thanks for the link. At this point, I think I have found a good instructor. I just need 2 or 3 people that are interested in learning more vocabulary and improving their listening and understanding skills so that we can have a small group class that meets every day. Private lessons are too expensive and a small group for intermediate Thai learning makes a lot of sense.