Hotel In Lampang...

Niloc

We are going to Lampang for a couple of days, TW wants to choose some ceramics and I want to try the horse and cart taxis.

I did a search here and on the net and the stand out hotel is the Tipchang sounds the best, 700 baht for a standard room which includes breakfast for two. The room go up from there and look really nice.

Can anyone second this choice or suggest another?

TIA,

Colin

We are going to Lampang for a couple of days, TW wants to choose some ceramics and I want to try the horse and cart taxis.

I did a search here and on the net and the stand out hotel is the Tipchang sounds the best, 700 baht for a standard room which includes breakfast for two. The room go up from there and look really nice.

TIA,

Colin

In Lampang, the Tipchang is considered relying on faded glory and is near the bottom of the barrel. The generally accepted hotel rating is:

Wienglakor

Wiang Thong

Asia

Tipchang

The Riverside Guesthouse is a farang operated place in the centre of town and very popular with tourists. I think it is about 500 baht for an airconditioned room.

The best place to see a lot of ceramics (crockery type stuff, not industrial) is the Indra Outlet. Very famous, reasonably priced and under Royal Patronage.

The horse and carts congregate outside the Wiang Thong Hotel and near the main Police Staion.

post-42103-1201832825_thumb.jpg

TIA,

Colin

I always stay at the PIN HOTEL in Lampang. A "refurbised" room on the 2nd floor is now called "Deluxe" and is 700 baht. The two "suites" are 900 baht. Includes taxes. Do NOT recommend the Wiengthong Hotel.

The PIN is nothing fancy. Basic / clean / a restaurant - but in the centre of town. If you prefer - Black Canyon restaurant is not too far away for dining.

Horse drawn rides outside. A private taxi available outside. Short walk to Seree department store and supermarket. Capable English speakers at Reception. The walking street from 6pm on a Sunday evening is delightful. Dont miss it if you are there on a Sunday - a short walk from the PIN. They are sometimes booked out on a weekend - but a phone call prior always gets me a reservation. Tel: 054-219398-9

TIA,

Colin

I always stay at the PIN HOTEL in Lampang. A "refurbised" room on the 2nd floor is now called "Deluxe" and is 700 baht. The two "suites" are 900 baht. Includes taxes. Do NOT recommend the Wiengthong Hotel.

The PIN is nothing fancy. Basic / clean / a restaurant - but in the centre of town. If you prefer - Black Canyon restaurant is not too far away for dining.

Horse drawn rides outside. A private taxi available outside. Short walk to Seree department store and supermarket. Capable English speakers at Reception. The walking street from 6pm on a Sunday evening is delightful. Dont miss it if you are there on a Sunday - a short walk from the PIN. They are sometimes booked out on a weekend - but a phone call prior always gets me a reservation. Tel: 054-219398-9

Sorry, I forgot about the Pin. It also preferable to the Tipchang. The taxis that run between Wat Upakut (sp?) in Chiangmai and Lampang have their base outside.

I am going there soon with the Chiang Mai male hashers, is there much in the way of nightlife in Lampang?

Is Superman one of the Hashers? I can prepare a special program for his low tastes.

Quite a few places with live music. The Highlight is popular at the moment and the Mot Yim is a "must see" after 11PM. You may be surprised.

what sort of ceramics are popular at the Indra Outlet???

Plates, cups, saucers, bowls, dinner sets, coffee mugs - that kind of stuff. There are also more expensive items like one-off plates hand painted by well known artists. There is a Sikh temple in Lampang but I don't know if they shop there.

I am going there soon with the Chiang Mai male hashers, is there much in the way of nightlife in Lampang?

Is Superman one of the Hashers? I can prepare a special program for his low tastes.

I have low tastes too......... I hope we are on about the same thing....

Quite a few places with live music. The Highlight is popular at the moment and the Mot Yim is a "must see" after 11PM. You may be surprised.

I am on my way to Lampang :

The highlight ... any direction ?

The 'Mot Yim', is it this large disco in the 'Santa-Fe' complex ? ....

Thanks

I am on my way to Lampang :

The highlight ... any direction ?

The 'Mot Yim', is it this large disco in the 'Santa-Fe' complex ? ....

Thanks

The Highlight is near the back entrance (Phaholyothin Rd.) of Big C.

Correct on the Mot Yim. It is in behind the Santa Fe.

stayed at tipchang -lampang a couple of times with the young bloke, chose this hotel because of swim pool, which was green the 2 time. One of those places that is in a state of slow decay or min. of maintainence, besides that was o.k. central to town & river.

regards songhklasid.

I have low tastes too......... I hope we are on about the same thing....

Anything will get Supermans OK when he is off the hook (not under the thumb)

stayed at tipchang -lampang a couple of times with the young bloke, chose this hotel because of swim pool, which was green the 2 time. One of those places that is in a state of slow decay or min. of maintainence, besides that was o.k. central to town & river.

regards songhklasid.

Local rumour also has the Tipchang as being haunted, but that's probably an exaggeration.

Wiengthong has a pool.