Mini Storage Facility

Greenside

There have been several posts asking about storage in Chiang Mai over the past year and the good news is that close friends of mine are planning to open one in the next couple of months. They'd really like some feedback from any potential users that would help them shape the service to suit the market so if you think you may be interested in using something like this in the future, now's your chance to let them know what you want.

They have a simple online survey that takes about two minutes to complete but since I am unable to include a direct link in this post (TV rules) please send me a private message with the word "storage" in the subject line and I'll send you the link by return.

There have been several posts asking about storage in Chiang Mai over the past year and the good news is that close friends of mine are planning to open one in the next couple of months. They'd really like some feedback from any potential users that would help them shape the service to suit the market so if you think you may be interested in using something like this in the future, now's your chance to let them know what you want.

They have a simple online survey that takes about two minutes to complete but since I am unable to include a direct link in this post (TV rules) please send me a private message with the word "storage" in the subject line and I'll send you the link by return.

PM'ed but received no response yet. Did you get it?

1. Cheap. (cheapest OKEY apartment I've found for storage purpose is 1100THB which is actually pretty ok but small)

2. Dry and above the ground.

3. Airconditioning (frequently, say like once a week - depending on what beeing stored)

4. Safe, and entry possible 24/7.

In Australia they use special designed containers spread over a fenced area, which is a pretty neat and nice way to do it.

1. Cheap. (cheapest OKEY apartment I've found for storage purpose is 1100THB which is actually pretty ok but small)

I would be very keen on storage for that price. How secure is it? Do they have something on the ground floor so I could store my motorcycle?

I would be very keen on storage for that price. How secure is it? Do they have something on the ground floor so I could store my motorcycle?

Rice King brings up a good point. I run into people quite often who "come and go" but need a dry and secure place to store their motorcycles.

Edited by silverhawk_usa

Rice King brings up a good point. I run into people quite often who "come and go" but need a dry and secure place to store their motorcycles.

I understand that storage for bikes and motorbikes is part of their plan but cars are still a question mark. The survey has a question about the kind of things people may want to store so please PM me for the link as I can't include it directly.

Incidentally thanks to the people who have responded and in particular the member who reported a glitch in Q5 of the survey. It's now been fixed and works properly.

I think it is a great idea especially for motorbikes.

Here is something that has been mentioned and I will say it again.

If it has a sleeping thai guard that does not check Id's it will fail.

If it is in anyway in and area that might flood count me out.

Hope this helps

I think it is a great idea especially for motorbikes.

If it has a sleeping thai guard that does not check Id's it will fail.

If it is in anyway in and area that might flood count me out.

Hope this helps

I know they plan to offer motorbike storage and understand that security will be the utmost priority including CCTV and photographic logging of customers, much as Thai immigration now does when you enter via the airport.

Contrary to my last post, their survey will finish on Tuesday night, not tonight since replies are still coming in.

• 4 weeks later...

If it has a sleeping thai guard that does not check Id's it will fail. If it is in anyway in and area that might flood count me out. Hope this helps

Yep, I agree.... security in a place where Farangs are known to store their stuff will be a big issue.

I know they plan to offer motorbike storage and understand that security will be the utmost priority including CCTV and photographic logging of customers, much as Thai immigration now does when you enter via the airport.

What does it help you in Thailand if you know that the thief got photographically logged and their ID is known? And if Greenside's close friends are Thais.... who knows what will happen with the stored goods once their business doesn't work out? I have heard of a couple of those businesses were brought up, then suddenly they couldn't pay the rent anymore for any reason nobody understands and everybody got out of the storage whatever they could (employees, landlords, business-partners, etc).

I have found a private place, btw, where to store my bike & stuff for 1000 Baht for 6 months. If Greenside's close friends can beat that and if there are no Thai guards, wives or other stuff behind, I will be glad to change next year.

Anyway, to me the whole story starting off with that "some close friends of mine want to know" sounds a bit awkward. It reminds me a bit of the desperate teenager trying to find out for their friend if she could have gotten pregnant after getting fis*ed. :o But never mind, good luck to Greenside's friends and I hope it turns out all O.K. and we will now read nothing but real success stories from the close friends behind.