Drilling Metal Holes Into Coins?

Alliecat

Does anyone know, or can recommend, where to get small holes drilled into coins. Between 100 to 200 coins.

TIA

very bad idea to do that to thai coins.

even stepping on a rolling coin that drops out of your pocket is, as far as i've heard, a cultural taboo(for the obvious reasons)

for uk, usa, nzl coins etc... anyone with a lathe would be able to do it.

In many countries, it is breaking the law if you deface or damage currency.

But if you wish to drill holes in coins, it is not a difficult thing. All you need is a bench vice (or similar) & a drilling machine. If you don't know what a "bench vice" is, look it up on google.

So...how many holes are you going to put in a coin?

Also, metal holes are hard to drill....most holes are air holes and the technology for drilling them is widely available. If you want to drill metal holes you might send an inquiry to NASA as they are into some exotic fabrication techniques or maybe they would know who specializes in drilling metal holes....sorry I can't be of more help but I really don't have much experience in drilling metal holes myself....please get back with whatever you find out about it as I'd be interested in learning about the technology used.

chownahahaha

Now please donot make too much fun about holes. It is my hobby... collecting them. I just had one delivered by truck, found it in a neighbours garden. Very large hole, my collection is almost complete, i already have to put holes in holes, and cannot really tell them apart anymore.

:o

Now please donot make too much fun about holes. It is my hobby... collecting them. I just had one delivered by truck, found it in a neighbours garden. Very large hole, my collection is almost complete, i already have to put holes in holes, and cannot really tell them apart anymore.

If you have a very large collection of holes and are having any problem finding them, try putting some hair around the holes because in my experience it makes it much easier to find them. :D

If you have a very large collection of holes and are having any problem finding them, try putting some hair around the holes because in my experience it makes it much easier to find them. :D

I tried to put a hole in a hole once and found out that the hole was already holed from someone else. So I simply decided to moveon to another hole. :D

Sorry. This is just too easy.