British Embassy

My wife got her settlement visa yesterday only a week after submitting it. (which Im happy about) But I find the whole set-up in that Embassy very dis-repectful towards us english folk. I can understand them not allowing us past security if your wife has an interview. But if its only to submitt your application and to pick up your passport then why they not allowing people in?? My documents were returned to me creased up and torn and messed up all over the place. You would think they would realise after months and months of collating all this evidence for them that they would at least return it all in a decent way. When I asked to complain to someone I was just told I could not and was to go. Typical British Government is what it comes down to. But thankyou so much to all the people who write on this forum on a regular basis. Information like this is priceless when it comes to something so important in ones life. I sort of feel like giving a donation of cash to someone responsible for this site!!!! :o It truly is excellent!!!! Thankyou.

Well done, Tommy.

I sort of feel like giving a donation of cash to someone responsible for this site!!!! :D It truly is excellent!!!!

George accepts donations in Chang, although if you feel compelled to make a donation, perhaps direct it to those who give the advice. :o

Scouse.

I think it was well summed up the other day in respect of a comment made regards the Canadian Embassy - that they have little real interest in individual citizens - its the commerical side of diplomatic relations that motivate embassies - and the UK embassies in any event have never had much of a reputation when it comes to taking an interest in their citizens abroad. Look at how many complaints came through from Brit citizens during the Tsunami, not only in Thailand but the problems were much the same in other countries as well.