Birth Registration & Passport - How Long

marc11

I would like to register my newborn son's birth and apply for his passport at the British embassy in Bangkok.

I would like to travel to Bangkok alone and complete this process in person.

My question is can the registration and passport application & issue be completed in a couple of days If i have all the required paperwork?

i've got the same question for but for US citizenship and passport.

For US passport, you have to make an appointment with the US embassy. You usually have to wait about 6 weeks for the appointment (unless it's an extreme emergency). You have to bring both parents (or letter specified by them) and the child. Takes about 2 weeks for the processing.

For US passport, you have to make an appointment with the US embassy. You usually have to wait about 6 weeks for the appointment (unless it's an extreme emergency). You have to bring both parents (or letter specified by them) and the child. Takes about 2 weeks for the processing.

that sounds stupid because my embassy is in Bangkok and I am in Koh Phangan. I thought it could be done by mail. I would rather not be traveling around Thailand with an infant. I hate how the US is so anti family.

that sounds stupid because my embassy is in Bangkok and I am in Koh Phangan. I thought it could be done by mail. I would rather not be traveling around Thailand with an infant. I hate how the US is so anti family.

Oh I know it, been there done that 3 times now. It's not just the passport though. It's also the "Consular Report of Birth Abroad" which is basically the US Birth Certificate. I'd call the Embassy and see what they can do for you. I wouldn't call it anti-family, they're doing what they're supposed to do rule-wise. BUT in my experience, it's definitely not very American services-friendly. Tiny waiting room, long lines, etc.