Barm Cakes, Bread Cakes, Stottie Cakes,burger Buns

hullmonkey1

In East Yorkshire we call them bread cakes (browned on top) or oven bottom cakes (pretty much white all over). Either kind will do as long as they are not in the slightest bit sweet

I bought some superb 'barm cakes' or oven bottom cakes, yesterday at Friendship Supermarket:Pattaya Tai. As good as anything sold in the U.K.

I recommend the wide range bread section at Friendship Supermarket. (Barm cakes 10 baht each).

Many thanks for the info guys and gals. I will give friendship,continental, and best a try when I get home in 3 weeks, and post back on the results.

PP The last time I had a stottie was in a little cafe near the bus station in Newcastle. It was a breakfast stottie, about 12 inch's in diameter filled with a full english. Just the thing to sort me out after a night on the federation bitter

Stottie cakes!!! That takes me back and has now go my mouth watering.

Anywhere got them? Not Friendship last time I was there.

Where's Continental Bakery?

Hi PP

Its on Soi wat boonsampan (spelling?) you can get to it by going up Khao Talo or Khao Noi (Darkside).

There is also a German bakery up there too, however you need to get there early as it is very busy, good crusty cobs.

Many thanks for the info guys and gals. I will give friendship,continental, and best a try when I get home in 3 weeks, and post back on the results.

PP The last time I had a stottie was in a little cafe near the bus station in Newcastle. It was a breakfast stottie, about 12 inch's in diameter filled with a full english. Just the thing to sort me out after a night on the federation bitter

I could only ever manage half a stottie for breakfast!

I could only ever manage half a stottie for breakfast!

This was a 10.00 am breakfast, after being up at 6.30 and spending 2 hours at work. A full english breckie (in a stottie or otherwise) after just getting up that morning would have ending up coming straight back up :o

Stottie cakes!!! That takes me back and has now go my mouth watering.

Anywhere got them? Not Friendship last time I was there.

Where's Continental Bakery?

There is also a 'Continental Bakery' on the corner of Soi Chayapoon and Soi Xzyte entering from Soi Buakhaew. Get there early or the fresh bread will be sold out......