- The No. 1 Beer Contest -

bollox

which one of these is your favourite beer & why ?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My choice is Heineken mostly for taste and price. You can usually find a bar somewhere doing a happy hour with them. When out of town travelling I drink big bottles of Leo that I buy from 7/11's for 35 baht, love it :o

Most people are surprised when I tell them that my absolute fave beer in Thailand is Thai Beer- ie the strongest beer(6.5%) which is brewed under Boon Rawd makers of Singha NOT Leo beer which is stated in the choice list.

I love a really strong tasting beer and feel that Singha and Heineken although quality beers are far too watery. I also cant stand the taste of Leo or Tiger besides the fact that I cant get drunk on them. Used to drink Chang but it tastes horrible compared to Thai beer.

Only thing is very few places sell it, only 7-11's and the like. Funny that it is cheaper, stronger and better quality than Chang but still not very popular.

For my next post I think I will start the Thai Beer appreciation thread :o

I voted other. i do like tiger. Pity we cant get Lao beer here. I really enjoy that. Suprised to see Heineken is leading. Its ok. If its a choice Singa or Heineken, then its got to be the latter. I also like Kloster. I think there should be a vote for all beer. But then i'm Scottish and a pisshead!

Jockstar, as a fellow Scot I dont think we can afford to be fussy when it comes to the selection of beers that we have here in Thailand. I mean Tennents and McEwans! I didnt even drink that pish when I lived there. You would think that the best producer of whisky on the planet could at least roll out a decent beer or two eh? But mentioning that I used to love drinking cold Super-T's, a habit a picked up in my young and (innocent :o ) years. Ma mates still take the piss outta me for that, but I enjoyes it :D

Cheers!

None of he ones listed.

If I have the choice, I prefer Belgian beers.

Trappist

Chimay

Rochefort

Orval

Others

Hoegaarden

Ciney

Leffe

Duvel

Geuze

Grimbergen

<deleted>, you have never been to Belgium, have you? :o:D

You can find some of them in Thailand.

But not often and not cheap, I agree, unfortunately... :D

Chang - it's a mans beer! :o

Seriously though - I associate it it with some great nights in the past in Thailand. Incidentally, a mate I was backpacking with through Thailand years ago sought to try and import some Chang into the U.K but found out it would be basically impossible to import it into Europe since one or more of the ingredients are not allowed... Hmmm, that explains a few things :D

I understand that you can now get Chang in the UK. It is not as strong as the one sold in Thai for import duties resaons. Try the Asian supermarkets (checkout Thailand UK website (http://www.thailand-uk.com) for details.

But I would not buy it in the UK when you can buy British or European brands.

On the subject of Chang . Anyone know the alcho % of Chang draught? Not sure if it even a draught,I mean Chang on tap, which seems quite common nowadays(espeically at the ole 69 baht bbq buffets). It doesn't seem as strong as the norm to me.

It's probably because they add something to it!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On the  subject of Chang . Anyone know the alcho % of Chang draught? Not sure if it even a draught,I mean Chang on tap, which seems quite common nowadays(espeically at the ole 69 baht bbq buffets). It doesn't seem as strong as the  norm to me.

they say its 4.9 % but i doubt it vey much.

by the way the beer garden festival begins on 1st November till end of 2004. where will u guys be ?

• 1 month later...
Most people are surprised when I tell them that my absolute fave beer in Thailand is Thai Beer- ie the strongest beer(6.5%) which is brewed under Boon Rawd makers of Singha NOT Leo beer which is stated in the choice list.

I love a really strong tasting beer and feel that Singha and Heineken although quality beers are far too watery. I also cant stand the taste of Leo or Tiger besides the fact that I cant get drunk on them. Used to drink Chang but it tastes horrible compared to Thai beer.

Only thing is very few places sell it, only 7-11's and the like. Funny that it is cheaper, stronger and better quality than Chang but still not very popular.

For my next post I think I will start the Thai Beer appreciation thread  :D

Yep that Thai beer is pretty amazing stuff, last time i drunk it it reminded me of the film the exorcist, up until that day i did not believe that you could projectile vomit so far, I shall stick to heinickens from now on :o

I thought the poll was about what people drink while they are in Thailand, not whats their favourite beer in general.

Well, as i am from germany, i like a good Wheat beer, but mostlikly brands they dont have here.

Coming back to the poll, i thinks the best value for money is beer chang.