Bus Pattaya To Bangkok

tezzainoz

While in Pattaya in June this year I used a bus service to return to Bangkok

They picked me up at my hotel and transfered me to a bus station

then I travelled to bangkok by airconditined bus

Just outside Bangkok we were transferred to small transport vans and taken to my hotel

This complete service cost me 300 baht

I have lost the reciept and want to contact them to book a return trip to pattaya

I have searched the web and can not find the company

Can any one help me with a name of the Company

a web site address or a phone number

I noticed all the hotels in Pattay book this service so it is not a small company

> I noticed all the hotels in Pattay book this service

And similarly, all hotels in Bangkok will be able to come up with a door to door minivan service. One that comes to mind is the Nana hotel, but I seriously wouldn't want to be in a small minivan with people who stay at or near the Nana. :o Up to you of course.

Or skytrain to Ekamai and grab the regular aircon bus for like 97 baht or so.

Cheers,

Chanchao

There are loads of rip-off stories regarding that type of service.

You book the mini-van/bus from the nice looking young lady in the lobby of your hotel. She shows you a picture of the type of vehicle that you will be travelling in.

The mini-bus picks you up on time, you are the first passenger, you get the pick of the seats. Nice.

You drive around Bkk picking up other passengers who have, like you, booked this service.

When full you set off. As you just get outside Bkk the bus pulls into a clearing. There are other similar mini-buses there too. As you park up you see a group of farangs standing in front of baggage all looking confused.

You all get out of the mini-bus and are herded into a old, ex BKS, Bkk-Ptty coach.

You've paid B300 for the pleasure of being picked up at your hotel in Bkk and then transfered to a coach. Not so VIP.

As Chanchao says above, the BKS coach from Bkk to Ptty costs B97. So you're paying B203 to be picked up at your hotel. Might as well get the Sky-train.

Not that this has ever happened to us. :o

Go straight to Ekkamai bus station and pay 90 Baht.

Ekkamai bus station is a bit drab but the buses get u outta there often enough.

Those buses are nice and cheap, but watch yourself and your belongings when you get to the Ekkamai station - They have pros scoping foriengers out there. I took a Patty bus from there, and when I got on , this Thai guy wanted to "Hold" my camcorder for me(!) I told him no thanks, and I put my bags and the camcorder in the overhead rack.

Before the bus left Bangkok, it made a stop (?) and the Thai guy who wanted to "Hold" my camcorder got off.....With a bag that looked suprisingly similar to my camcorder bag...... :D:wub::D-_-:D:)

Stupid me..... :o

Oh Well..... Anyway, It's a good thing that I was not able to record certain things on that camcorder the night before, or I would have been most doubly upset and angry! :(:D

Its okay to catch the sky train, but if your a handicapped person and have a fair amount of baggage this is impossible.

I have personally used this service in the past and it was A1 so no scare tactics thankyou,

Maybe someone who lives in Pattaya can get the name of the company and telephone number for me from a hotel

it would be appreciated

I know what he's talking about, and it's not getting to the bus station by himself.

Most, if not all of the travel shops in pty will have a number for this sort of service, i had a card with number but have lost it. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you get a taxi for 800 baht I know they charge that to come back to Bangkok but not to go> to phattaya ? it about 1200 - 1400 baht for they can not guarantee they can get a return fare the same day, so may have to stay over night>