Car Rental

ChiangMaiThai

I'm looking to rent something simple, maybe a vios or city or the like for one month. Can anyone recommend the best and cheapest place in Chiang Mai? (Is that an oxymoron?).

Awhile back a friend of mine rented a relatively new Vios. After shopping around and being quoted 20k to 30k, he ended up paying just 10k a month. He's moved on and I don't remember the name of the place he went. But would be great to get a similar deal. Know anyone who is having trouble making their payments? :o

Check out North Wheels opposite Sompet Market.

They did me a good monthly deal, although that was 7 years ago.

I agree. Sompet is the way to go.

Caveat Emptor: Remove the signs on the bonnet or wherever as you check for scratches on the release form. After I had completed the form and was about to drive away, they removed the sign under which was a scratch. They did not charge me for it on my return. So, all in all, good. I had rented for 2 days, while a friend had rented from them for several months: straight forward folks at Sompet. BTW, ask for their promotion rate; even though there may not be an obvious one, they often have promotions in Thai magazines. :o

The car rental payments are a killer, after a lot of research I found the cheapest vehicle was a Vios from Thai Rental and I am paying 18000bht/month.... if you find something cheaper let me know LOL

Try Khun Men on 0899 977 223. I know he had a car that he was renting to a friend who just left for Oz but I have no idea about the cost, although less than 18k I think. His English is OKish.

I'm looking to rent something simple, maybe a vios or city or the like for one month. Can anyone recommend the best and cheapest place in Chiang Mai? (Is that an oxymoron?).

Awhile back a friend of mine rented a relatively new Vios. After shopping around and being quoted 20k to 30k, he ended up paying just 10k a month. He's moved on and I don't remember the name of the place he went. But would be great to get a similar deal. Know anyone who is having trouble making their payments? :o

call khun tan 081-8846869 mitsubishi lancer auto 1.5 b11000/month nissan sunny 1.5 auto b12000/month nissan nv wingroad 3 door hatchback manual 1.6 b10000/month

post-59843-1209550189_thumb.jpg

For new cars, I found Thai Rent a Car to be the best priced and most professional. Staff were very nice and able to give a discount.

North Wheels didn't seem to care for my business nor were their cars in very good condition for the rates they were charging.

POP CAR RENT / Thapae Gate. 086 911 1218 / 053 206 867

Will deliver the vehicle and pick it up from you - at a place of your choice (hotel / airport / wherever)

Friends rented a Pajero from there. They delivered it to an apartment / picked it up from the airport / accepted foreign and Thai currency for final payment. All in all a surprisingly good service at a price better than the big boys.

Have to disagree with the above recommendation for POP car rental.

We rented an allegedly new Jazz, which turned out to have 70,000 kms on the clock, for her 'best' price, which turned out to be a few thousand over what the larger more reputable companies were charging.

Plus she charges 3 percent extra for using VISA card and her monthly rate is for 28 days only.

When we returned the car, I told her that we can rent a brand new car for less and she made us feel like we were robbing her.