Looking For Silom/sathorn Area Gym

aroydee

I will be living in the Sathorn area for three months this summer, and most urgently am looking for a gym reasonably close to the area.

I once did a month at the California Fitness on Silom, and found the facilities quite acceptable even if the sales tactics there are a bit... unpleasant....

Should I stick with California, or could someone make an alternative recommendation? The only things that I require are a/c, hot showers and decent equipment and environment for someone like me: an advanced novice type.

Thanks!

I will be living in the Sathorn area for three months this summer, and most urgently am looking for a gym reasonably close to the area.

I once did a month at the California Fitness on Silom, and found the facilities quite acceptable even if the sales tactics there are a bit... unpleasant....

Should I stick with California, or could someone make an alternative recommendation? The only things that I require are a/c, hot showers and decent equipment and environment for someone like me: an advanced novice type.

Thanks!

I have used the gym in Thaniya (sp?) Plaza, on the 9th floor I believe. Not brand new, but air conditioned and pleasant enough and far better pricing than California.

it's in the same building of Aldo's bar, there is a very good gym there. I don't remember the name of the gym now; sorry :o .

work out first there and go get drunk in Aldo then. :D

The gym at Thaniya Plaza is now called Body Torque and is being revamped and renovated. It used to be part of Clark Hatch Fitness. Prices now are about 20,000 for the year or temporary membership is 500 a day or 4000 a month. Same prices for every body with no underhand sales tactics like California Wow across the street.

On Satorn (same building as Aldo's) is the Cascade Club. Very high end and very expensive costing about 40000 per year with 1000 baht daily fee and no monthly rates.

There is also True Fitness on Satorn located at Rama 4. About the same prices as California Wow with the same sales tactics.

On Satorn (same building as Aldo's) is the Cascade Club. Very high end and very expensive costing about 40000 per year with 1000 baht daily fee and no monthly rates.

Yes! :D that's the name of the gym which I couldn't remember last night cause I was a bit :o ;there is a little discount in fees and more privileges there if you do own a platinum Amex which my ex-hubby had :D .

it's in the same building of Aldo's bar, there is a very good gym there. I don't remember the name of the gym now; sorry :o .

work out first there and go get drunk in Aldo then. :D

I believe the building being talked about is called the Ascott, high-end serviced apartments near Chong Nonsi BTS. Also has the excellent Hu'u Bar on the ground floor.

Many of the hotels in that area will have gyms also which, depending on your budget and exactly where on Sathorn you will be based, could give you some options.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Clark Hatch Thaniya is back. Direct access from Sala Daeng BTS - clean - good service - excellent facilities - and well priced in the market considering you get towels and workout kit supplied, 16m Salt Water Pool, fully equipped gym, steam rooms, boxing room, Kickboxing Fitness Classes, yoga etc. Check out their website.