I'm Looking For Some Friends In Roi-et

kyoungli0123

hi!

sawadi ka

l've lived in Roi-et for a month.

But l literally don't have anybody else to talk to.(except my husband)

Also I have nothing to do at all..

I really need some friends, otherwise i'm goning to mad... :o

please!!! help me...

Walk around the road around the lake & look for an internet cafe/restaurant owned by a Canadian, Tim Hope & his wife. Tim has been in Roi-et for many years & can probably introduce you to some local folks. There are some female English teachers that stop by his place and the restaurant next door after school hours. Stop by for some conversation & you will meet people. He also has very good food.

I live in Khon Kaen, which isn't that far from you. Let me know if you're ever over in this direction and maybe we can meet up.

I probably go to Khon Kaen next month. Before I go there, I’ll let you know.

Thanks a lot. Have a nice weekend.

:o

Walk around the road around the lake & look for an internet cafe/restaurant owned by a Canadian, Tim Hope & his wife. Tim has been in Roi-et for many years & can probably introduce you to some local folks. There are some female English teachers that stop by his place and the restaurant next door after school hours. Stop by for some conversation & you will meet people. He also has very good food.

Thank you so much. I’m so exciting.

hi!

sawadi ka

l've lived in Roi-et for a month.

But l literally don't have anybody else to talk to.(except my husband)

Also I have nothing to do at all..

I really need some friends, otherwise i'm goning to mad... :o

please!!! help me...

Hi there.

I am not a woman but I/we visit Roi Et every year on our way to the village.

A couple of places that I know of are,

White Elephant resturant and bar,

not far from Roi Et City Hotel ( across the road and around the corner a little ).

Run by a nice German guy and his wife and gets a lot of Farang people

The food is VERY good as well.

The other is 101 Pizza on the oposite side of the lake from the main shops,

I heard that the Farang husband died last year but the Thai lady that runs / r an it speaks good english and makes good food.

When we were there last year, some of the local Farang including a teacher or two met every afternoon.

Nice peaceful place.

Good luck and all the best.

• 7 months later...

Hi there, i know this place well and Tim plus wife (Lek) really nice people, I went there on my first visit and they introduced me to loads of people (german, english, swidish, american and canadian.) Which helped me out big time as i am a pretty quiet guy. Now i go there every time i visit. I love the place and they help out with advise on visa runs and all sorts of things. I will also be there next week 20/01/09 for 1 month. would be good to see you there, Andy is the name...