Fruit Wine

Niloc

When I lived in Farangland I made fruit wine, plum was very good, apple and pear terrible and the mint ended up in the still.

We have a glut of mangoes and the sweetness is excellent, I am sure they would make a very tasty wine but where can I get some starter yeast?

I am in Pai but make it to Chiang Mai fairly often, can anyone point me to a supplier?

Colin

When I lived in Farangland I made fruit wine, plum was very good, apple and pear terrible and the mint ended up in the still.

We have a glut of mangoes and the sweetness is excellent, I am sure they would make a very tasty wine but where can I get some starter yeast?

I am in Pai but make it to Chiang Mai fairly often, can anyone point me to a supplier?

Colin

May not help but there is a guy each sunday, in the food section of the sunday market that sells fruit wine, made from a uni i believe. Speaks good english. I guess he will be a great source of information

Cheers

Colin

I believe Kasem Store has some starter yeast

I need wine yeast, natural yeasts such as are in real wine are more good luck than good management, a real wine yeast will support alcohol in the brew up to about 10% whereas a natural yeast would be lucky to make 5-6%