Private Thai Teacher : Lah In Chiang Mai ?

Ericx_25

Hi,

I am looking for a thai teacher for a couple of cheap thai lessons.

The city is not too important although I would have prefered Pattaya , Chiang Mai or any tourist place (except BKK) .

I found this link http://www.thailanguagechiangmai.com/ and the price is attractive.

I don't know if she is really a good teacher or if she took pictures of the students and made up the references....

Another possibility is Pro language in Pattaya (see the other thread on thaivisa)

Any experience with Lah ot Pro Language ?

Eric

Edited by Ericx_25

Hi,

I am looking for a thai teacher for a couple of cheap thai lessons.

The city is not too important although I would have prefered Pattaya , Chiang Mai or any tourist place (except BKK) .

I found this link http://www.thailanguagechiangmai.com/ and the price is attractive.

I don't know if she is really a good teacher or if she took pictures of the students and made up the references....

Another possibility is Pro language in Pattaya (see the other thread on thaivisa)

Any experience with Lah ot Pro Language ?

Eric

I am taking lessons with Lah now. She is a very good teacher. She stresses accuracy with the tones and is very disciplined. I would recommend her completely. She also seems to have many students which attests to her popularity.

My friends took the lessons with two teachers before but he was not satified for the style of their teaching. He decided to take the lessons with Lah, the tones and pronoun became clear and clear. I think you will not disappointed to learn with her.

choke dee.. :o yey!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am sure that something wrong with the internet line or the telephone number. My friends alwasy said that you can trust her, she has high responsible about job etc...never came late to the lessons and always has a lot of students !!!! trust me man!! choke dee

• 2 months later...

I've also learned from Lah in the past and can highly recommend her. She has a methodical teaching style and places emphasis on getting the tones right from the start. Only two minor negatives, she can get very busy (because she is so good!) and hence not flexible on timings and secondly, it can feel like slow progress at first, due to the focus on tones and less time spent on vocab. Longterm this is absoluetly the right approach but if you're impatient and prefer to learn more, but perhaps less accurately, you may want to look elsewhere ...particularly if you only intend to study for a few weeks.

It's nice to hear of a private teacher that actually spends time emphasizing correct tones and pronunciation.

Far too many teachers seem to have given up or labour under the misconception that foreigners can not learn proper pronunciation, and so they let major mistakes slip, which only makes it more difficult for the learner in the future to make themselves understood outside of the classroom.