What Kind Of Work Do You Do?

natalie8

Hi fellow ladies. Does that make sense? :o I love this ladies section and I've cruised through all of the topics. I'm curious about what type of work you do. I'm here teaching English - surprise surprise. I look forward to your replies. Thanks.

Hi fellow ladies. Does that make sense?  :o  I love this ladies section and I've cruised through all of the topics.  I'm curious about what type of work you do.  I'm here teaching English - surprise surprise.  I look forward to your replies.  Thanks.

I'm not your average girl. I've been a soldier for 10 years, and re-upped for another 5. :D

I am an Export Manager in the Textile field.

I sell embroidery that my customers use to make underwear....

Much more complicated that you may think to produce such product, especially when the design has to fit with the breasts of every continents.

It exists huge size differences between, for example, Asia and Australia..... :o

• 2 months later...

I don't live in Thailand so I hope it's ok that I join this convo. I really like my job alot....more like I really love my work. My boss is awesome. I am a photographer and although I don't like shooting weddings I do have a passion for my work.

My husband and I will be adopting a teenager from Thailand and would like to learn as much about the country/language/culture as possible.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Rain

Hi all,

I too enjoy this "Ladies" forum, gives one a peace of mind, eh?

I am a SAC (self access manager) Manager, mainly teaching English as well as "on-the-job" training for Resort staff. Enjoy the job, love the people and appreciate 1/2 my bosses, the other 1/2 I could do without. :o

pebbz- Honor your decision and wish you the best of luck! This forum is full of info., at times halirous but I always try to ignore the gripes and negativity. Best wishes

Thanks for the well-wishes! Do you live in Thailand? When we go there, and we absolutely cannot wait, where should we visit to get the most of our trip? Alot of people suggest this and that......we are outdoorsy and appreciate the atmosphere more than being stuck indoors wading through polite conversations lol!!!! Not that I don't enjoy converstaions but ya know what I mean......

Rain

I do live in Thailand, been here a short 1/2 year but going strong.

I live in the northern most part of LOS, on the boarders on Laos and Myanmar, Golden Triangle. (Rather isolated but Magnificently beautiful!)

Comprende! Outdoors...yes...LOS much to offer. From the beaches of the south to the mountains of the north. B/c flights are rather inexpensive I would suggest visiting the south’s' beautiful beaches as well as going north for some time in the mountain jungles. There are several National Parks, N & S, which have all too much to offer. For me up north, time is spent trekking through mountain plantations, long tail boat rides on the Mekong River and bike riding through rice fields and villages. If it’s outdoors...defiantly depart Bangkok ASAP. :o As your trip approaches make sure to post and I'll be happy to get more specific as to places of interest in the North! All my best.

Good thread!

I am an English teacher and I also have my own private teaching arrangement.

I am interested to know what exactly is a 'self access manager'??? :o

Sorry if this seems a bit of a 'thick' question for an English teacher, it was a while ago that I completed my B.A. :D

run a petting zoo on kibbutz in israel (love my baby goats) ;

http://www.thaivisa.com/gallery/my-birthday-december

http://www.thaivisa.com/gallery/petting zoo

volunteer with 'kav l'oved' (hotline for foreign workers in israel, legal etc--(thai chinese romanian, etc)); take care of the thai workers here and on several local moshavim and kibbutzim;

trying to get accepted to new volunteer program for translating at hospitals for foreign workers (in this case thai ) that need medical help (thai not wonderful but better than most israelis, maybe few 'thai wives here but they dont seem to volunteer much for this sort of thing)

Good thread!

I am an English teacher and I also have my own private teaching arrangement.

I am interested to know what exactly is a 'self access manager'??? :o

Sorry if this seems a bit of a 'thick' question for an English teacher, it was a while ago that I completed my B.A.  :D

Self Access Center Manager, acronym SAC, is the unfortunate name given by the company. In the past employees were asked to study English and do self training in a room with books, computers.... They were to access the training center by themselves, in short no one came so they hired me to train and teach, la.

Still awaiting others answers, interesting thread!

• 2 weeks later...