2 Year Visitor Visa Uk Confussed

any help would be great, my wife has visited uk before 3 times with daughter so she can see the family ect. we applyed for a visit visa again and they ask if she would like a 2 year visit visa she said ok. whats the rules now for this visa, after 6 months does she have to leave the country? if so for how long? and can we just go to france or something for the day and then can she have another 6 months or can we renew it again in england. i think she would like to stay for just over a year. any help please. thanks

That the visa is valid for two years does not allow your wife to stay in the UK for that length of time. The usual rules apply that no one visit can be longer than six months.

Whereas there is no law which specifically prohibits your wife from staying six months, doing a quick trip to France and then returning for another six months, I'd be careful. Although your wife has a valid visa, if the immigration officer at the UK (air)port were to perceive that your wife were living in the UK on visit visas, he could refuse her entry.

Scouse.

That the visa is valid for two years does not allow your wife to stay in the UK for that length of time. The usual rules apply that no one visit can be longer than six months.

Whereas there is no law which specifically prohibits your wife from staying six months, doing a quick trip to France and then returning for another six months, I'd be careful. Although your wife has a valid visa, if the immigration officer at the UK (air)port were to perceive that your wife were living in the UK on visit visas, he could refuse her entry.

Scouse.

thanks, but if she wants to come back in on her visa does this mean she has to be out of the country for a certain period of time,she has no intention on livig in the uk so how can i prove this?she just wants to stay longer than 6 months thats all.