Epoxy Tile Grout In Bangkok?

RY12

Dirty grout lines ruin a tile job, especially in the tropics- case in point- our apartment's bathroom was redonw 3 weeks ago with blue tile and white grout- the grout is already yellow. I've heard epoxy grout is invincible and immaculate, won't stain.... anyone know where it's available in Bangkok and if it's ever available in white? Anyone worked with it?

I have epoxy grout in all my bathrooms here in the US, and so far so good. Quite a bit more expensive than regular grout but worth it. It comes in wide range of colors including WHITE. We used the brand name “Polyblend”. You can get epoxy grout in so many blands in both sanded and non-sanded grout. Any grout line that’s over ¼” gap, you must use “sanded grout”.

Not much else to tell you or where else to get it in BKK, because I’m still in the US

TC

I have epoxy grout in all my bathrooms here in the US, and so far so good. Quite a bit more expensive than regular grout but worth it. It comes in wide range of colors including WHITE. We used the brand name "Polyblend". You can get epoxy grout in so many blands in both sanded and non-sanded grout. Any grout line that's over ¼" gap, you must use "sanded grout".

Not much else to tell you or where else to get it in BKK, because I'm still in the US

TC

So what color is your epoxy grout? do you find it requires less maintanence? only drawback i've heard about it is that it's so strong it ca crack the tile if the building shifts slightly. not sure if this is true for grout lines less than 1/4 inch thick.

Also, can it be applied in a manner to make it flush with the tile? i've heard depressed grout lines collect dirt more easily.

So what color is your epoxy grout?

Silver, taupe, and dark gray - I have 3 bathrooms.

No I will never use WHITE if I can help it, even w/ epoxy grout it still will see left over grimes too easily.

do you find it requires less maintanence?

Yes

only drawback i've heard about it is that it's so strong it ca crack the tile if the building shifts slightly. not sure if this is true for grout lines less than 1/4 inch thick.

Never heard of this, nor experienced it first hand. This is our third house.

Never heard about the tiles might crack by using epoxy grout.

But may be you worry about the grout might crack? If this is the case, then it's normally resulted from either too much water when mixing the grout, or the grout dried too fast, or you don't have a proper backer board before applying the tiles.

Also, can it be applied in a manner to make it flush with the tile? i've heard depressed grout lines collect dirt more easily.

It will be impossible to have in completely flush with the tiles, because you’re applying with using the grout float and wiping off the excess w/ grout sponge.

Unless you’re talking about marble or granite slab grout line - in which most people would be using “seam sealer” which is resin+hardener+color, in this case you can have very flat grout line. Because you’re using different tool to apply. We have granite slab in the kitchen and had used old credit card to apply the seam sealer. But of course the grout line between the granite slabs is just abit less than 1/8” gap, unlike regular tiles.

Just a question: which area are you doing and are you tiling vertically or horizontally?

Edited by teacup

Just a question: which area are you doing and are you tiling vertically or horizontally?

Doing the floors of a small house, so horizontally. duly noted about the white showing dirt, but if it can be wiped off easily, (and isn't seeped into the grout like with cementious grout) seems like it might be worth it?

Currently I have a bamboo flooring instead of hardwood flooring.

However in the previous home, we had 18x18" tiles in our foyer. Remembering back, we had used the combination of epoxy grout and a grout sealer over the top again since it would be in a high traffic area - more dirts you will be tracking in. Grout sealer seems to be very good with locking the grout color and stain resistance property.

I personally will never use "white" grout on the floor area......pick other colors - they are the same price as white.