Could Someone Translate This

livinseoul

มึงนี้ฉิงนรกมาเกิดจริงๆ ปากมึงนี้กูว่าน่าจะไปเกิดใหม่ ตายเกิดไปเป็นหมา เป็นหมายังดีกว่าเป็นคน ปากไม่สร้างสรรค์สังคม

ทำให้สภาพแวดล้อมย่ำแย่ อยู่ที่ไหนก็เดือดร้อนที่นั้น ช่วยพัฒนาความคิดที่ต่ำ โดยการกล่าวหาผู้อื่น โดยเอาการกระทำของตัวเองยัดเยียดให้กับคนอื่น ใครจะไปรักคนอย่างมึงลงวะ

ไอ้เถื่อนนรก

Rough and quick, i'd say she isin't happy,

Something about die and goto hel_l, and come back being born as a dog, because you ruin the world the way it is.

I'm sure someone else can provide a more complete translation, but that's my quick 2 cents.

Lithobid

Somebody is very upset. You're not having a laugh by any chance?

Roughly (please feel free to correct any misconceptions, I'm not too good at curses):

"You must have been reborn straight out of hel_l. With a mouth like that, you should go get reborn again, as a dog. At least as a dog your bad mouth wouldn't be a menace to society [probably meant in the sense: would not make everybody else miserable].

Why do you have to completely ruin the atmosphere? Whereever you go, you get in trouble. Try to develop your base thoughts [OR 'gutter mind'] with somebody else, by taking your behaviour to somebody else. [Not entirely clear on this last sentence]

Who the ***'s gonna fall in love with someone like you?

You ****** savage from hel_l."

The pronouns used are the ones used when deliberately trying to be rude, or when fighting with or insulting somebody else, although they can also be used jokingly between very close friends. But that doesn't quite seem to be the case here.

You certainly got the gist of it, meadish.

Ouch...

I might only suggest that she doesn't seem to be asking the question - "Why do you have to completely ruin the atmosphere?") - as much as she seems to be making a pretty clear, definitive statement: "You contaminate the surroundings everywhere you go." (or something to that effect)

The last part about being reborn I read as something like: "...you would be a better dog than a person because that mouth of yours (or, "the way you use it"?) is not that of civilized people."

Sorry for the stilted syntax; I didn't really work on the English, as much as the message. :o

Cheers.

ทำให้สภาพแวดล้อมย่ำแย่ อยู่ที่ไหนก็เดือดร้อนที่นั้น ช่วยพัฒนาความคิดที่ต่ำ โดยการกล่าวหาผู้อื่น โดยเอาการกระทำของตัวเองยัดเยียดให้กับคนอื่น

How about something like "You always ruin the atmosphere, anywhere you go there's always trouble. Just take your worthless thoughts, accusations and behaviour and give them to someone else. " for this ? It's not exactly direct but along the right lines I think.

BTW, ยัดเยียดให้ is a useful phrase meaning to force something on someone even if you know they don't want it. I'm not sure if there's a good direct translation here though :o

Somebody is very upset. You're not having a laugh by any chance?

Roughly (please feel free to correct any misconceptions, I'm not too good at curses):

"You must have been reborn straight out of hel_l. With a mouth like that, you should go get reborn again, as a dog. At least as a dog your bad mouth wouldn't be a menace to society [probably meant in the sense: would not make everybody else miserable].

Why do you have to completely ruin the atmosphere? Whereever you go, you get in trouble. Try to develop your base thoughts [OR 'gutter mind'] with somebody else, by taking your behaviour to somebody else. [Not entirely clear on this last sentence]

Who the ***'s gonna fall in love with someone like you?

You ****** savage from hel_l."

The pronouns used are the ones used when deliberately trying to be rude, or when fighting with or insulting somebody else, although they can also be used jokingly between very close friends. But that doesn't quite seem to be the case here.

To build off of Meadish I would translate

"...With a mouth like that, I say, it should be reborn, die and be reborn as a dog. Being a dog would be better than being a person. (Then) Your mouth wouldn't infect society and make it's surroundings horrible/base. Wherever you are, there's trouble there. You help to create low and base ideas by making accusations against others, by making your actions infect all those around you.

Who..."

โดยเอาการกระทำของตัวเองยัดเยียดให้กับคนอื่น

is more like "accusing others of actions that you yourself are guilty of".

Thanks siamese kitty. That sentence makes more sense now.

allow me to also chip in a translation. colloquial stuff like this is always an interesting challenge. all kudos to meadish, who somehow manages to pull it off in his second language.

มึงนี้ฉิงนรกมาเกิดจริงๆ

you really are a low %&hole. *

ปากมึงนี้กูว่าน่าจะไปเกิดใหม่ ตายเกิดไปเป็นหมา

with a mouth like yours you ought to go get reincarnated - as a dog.

เป็นหมายังดีกว่าเป็นคน ปากไม่สร้างสรรค์สังคม

even being a dog would be better than being a person whose words add nothing to society,

ทำให้สภาพแวดล้อมย่ำแย่ อยู่ที่ไหนก็เดือดร้อนที่นั้น

screwing up everything around them and causing problems wherever they go.**

ช่วยพัฒนาความคิดที่ต่ำ โดยการกล่าวหาผู้อื่น โดยเอาการกระทำของตัวเองยัดเยียดให้กับคนอื่น

why don't you try advancing beyond your lowly thoughts of trying to accuse other people of stuff that you actually did yourself?

ไอ้เถื่อนนรก

you scum.

* obviously, i've cheated on this one. i just couldn't make the literal translation sound at all offensive.

** could also be: 'who screws up everything around them and causes problems wherever they go'

Aanon as usual is spot-on (or very close at any rate) with a more idiomatic translation.

I didn't quite dare to take the plunge from the distinctly non-idiomatic curses one gets from more or less literal translation, to more regularly used insults - partially because I'd never encountered the phrases มึงนี้ฉิงนรกมา, ไอ้เถื่อนนรก before (and still am not sure whether they are unique coinages or commonly used expressions).

Anyways, to avoid the bizarre or comic effect of literal curses like 'You *** savage from hel_l' aanon's way is much preferred.

I really like the last sentence: 'why don't you try advancing beyond your lowly thoughts of trying to accuse other people of stuff that you actually did yourself?'. Makes perfect sense now.

I've been pondering the use of ปากไม่สร้างสรรค์สังคม as well, could it be the recipient is a teacher, and the writer is worried about the impacts of somebody with a bad mouth being in that position? Just a theory.

Great to see so many people take a stab at it too. It really helps to gain new perspectives on the text.

meadish, on your question about ปากไม่สร้างสรรค์, i wouldn't necessarily think this implies that the person who is getting insulted here is in a position of authority/responsible for 'building' society etc. สร้างสรรค์ is often used in a sense close to 'worthwhile/useful/beneficial'. for example:

thee lang, ja khit tam arai kaw khaw hai man sang san kwa ni

next time you're gonna do something, try and make it something more worthwhile [than your recent behaviour]

in this particular case, i think the addition of สังคม is mostly to make the sentence a little more satisfying to say. in terms of meaning, it just changes the sentence from 'who says nothing useful' to 'whose words add nothing to the world'. the two meanings are very close.

all the best.

ps. sorry about the mix of thai and transliteration - can't type thai on this computer

Edited by aanon

No worries, you use a transcription I'm familiar with. :o

Thank you for the usage examples too, I've learned something new today.

you're most welcome, meadish. it just occured to me that the best translation for สร้างสรรค์ here is probably 'constructive'.

try to do something more constructive, you never say anything constructive, etc etc.

all the best