ข้าลต้มกลางวัน

AjarnP

I'm fascinated by the big foodstuffs company advertisements on most BST stations.

not so long ago ข้าลต้มกลางวัน had a whole different connotation!!!

Is it only me that remembers that far back?

AjarnP :D:o

Edited by AjarnP

I have never heard of that. Is it a Bangkok-only phenomenon? Some explanation would be helpful. Thanks.

It might make sense if the spelling is corrected. I think the first lor-ling should be replaced with a wor-wan (sorry, I don't have a Thai keyboard).

I think he is talking about a "nooner" or "matinee" or whatever the current expression is.

Edited by Boksida

I'm fascinated by the big foodstuffs company advertisements on most BST stations.

not so long ago ข้าลต้มกลางวัน had a whole different connotation!!!

Is it only me that remembers that far back?

AjarnP :D:o

Yes indeed, would that I could type with less errors....oh well ข้าวต้มกลางวัน is what I meant to type.

I guess the bigfood stuffs company is trying to get some sex appeal into their product or something. Nothing new really. I don't recall when the term ข้าวต้มกลางวัน got its other meaning, but for those who don't know, it slang version means "a mid-day shag."

I guess the bigfood stuffs company is trying to get some sex appeal into their product or something. Nothing new really. I don't recall when the term ข้าวต้มกลางวัน got its other meaning, but for those who don't know, it slang version means "a mid-day shag."

While we are on the subject of double entendres I have been trawling my way through the Thai song Chalawan trying to dig them all out (for no better reason than I have a filthy mind I am afraid) and believe me there are an awful lot of them!

There are still one or two lines I am having trouble with, anyone care to hazard a guess?

ดัน ละ มะ ดัน ดอง ตีหนึ่ง ตีสอง ปลุก น้อง มา ดัน

ดัน ละ มะ ดัน เปรี้ยว ถึง น้อง ปวด เยี่ยว พี่ ก็ จะ ดัน

Apologies if it offends anyone, I think the song is definitely trying to be humorous rather than just smutty.

JJ

OK, In this context it appears that the word ดัน is being used as slang for doing the ol' in-and-out. However, I can't say that I've ever heard the word ดัน used like this before.

I might be miles off the mark here, but it also seems to be saying doing the ol' in and out shuffle until the girl needs a pee, which the guy also insists on her doing (watching). I think also there is the concept of waking the girl up at 1am or 2am maybe because the guy has ahem (cough) woken up himself.

What he's saying is even though (ถึง) the girl has to pee, he's still going to do her. (That is, he's not saying anything about letting her pee and watching her). You're right about him waking the girl up in the middle of the night for a quckie.

What he's saying is even though (ถึง) the girl has to pee, he's still going to do her. (That is, he's not saying anything about letting her pee and watching her). You're right about him waking the girl up in the middle of the night for a quckie.

Thanks DocJD I interpreted (ถึง) as 'continue to do an action until' but 'even though' I guess is more appropriate.

I looked up (ดอง) on the Internet and can't really make head or tail of it.

* [ V ] be related by marriage ; be related ; be allied to

* [ ADJ ] fermented ; pickled

* [ V ] pickle ; preserve ; soak in

* [ V ] roll a monk's robe and pu ; drape a monk's robe to leave the right arm uncovered

* [ V ] stay unnecessarily long ; hold (up) ; shelve ; lay set/aside ; withhold

So (ดัน ละ มะ ดัน ดอง) remains a bit of a mystery.

Thanks again though,

JJ.

I looked up (ดอง) on the Internet and can't really make head or tail of it.

* [ V ] be related by marriage ; be related ; be allied to

* [ ADJ ] fermented ; pickled

* [ V ] pickle ; preserve ; soak in

* [ V ] roll a monk's robe and pu ; drape a monk's robe to leave the right arm uncovered

* [ V ] stay unnecessarily long ; hold (up) ; shelve ; lay set/aside ; withhold

I'm not sure what ดอง means in the context of this song--if it means anything at all. As an aside, เปรี้ยว is slang for sexy when referring to a girl, but I do not believe that's how it's being used in this song.