A "hidden" Restaurant In Khao Takiab

RAMPAGE

Its aptly named as its not easy to find but Hidden has joined Take Five (Indian cuisine) and Papa John's (European/Thai) to open Khao Takiab's first fusion restaurant. Chef/owner Khun Roy is back in Thailand after running award-winning restaurants in Miami, San Franciso and Dallas and his expertise in the kitchen is on full display with a superbly delicious offering of fantastic western food. Check it out....go past the police box, over the bridge and straight on to Lunar Resort.The restaurant is in a converted house directly opposite Lunar Resort.

Hi Rampage,

Thanks for that! I love Indian food, just hope they have good nan bread as it is almost impossible to find here. Take 5 is good but they just don't have the nan that I'm used to. Is is expensive

DJ

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Rampage,

Thanks for that! I love Indian food, just hope they have good nan bread as it is almost impossible to find here. Take 5 is good but they just don't have the nan that I'm used to. Is is expensive

DJ

Hi 'DjBlind',

This is NOT and Indian restaurant. I went the other night with the wife and two freinds, don't bother. As a starter my wife and I ordered a 'Ceaser Salad' between us and when it arrived it was just a 'Cos lettuce ' with its root cut off, tied with a ribbon and a little very poor tasting dressing on it. We asked the owner if he thought that this was a 'Ceaser Salad' and he just made some pathetic excuse and took it away - needless to say we didn't pay for it. The wife and I chose 'Lamb shank in curry' - the lamb was ok but as for the so called curry, well it was a teaspoon full of 'Tesco curry in hot water poured over it' along with a few small slightly undercooked vegetables at 280B -

The place itself is ok and the Thai staff seemed friendly and they had soft ballad type music playing.

We asked for 'ice cream ' at the end and were told by the owner "Sorry, don't have any, we are still waiting for our 'speciality icecreams to arrive from Bangkok '.

If I were you I would turn off at the 'Boat' nearby for a far better selection of cuisine at sensible prices and nice ambience.

If this guy (khun Roy) is a Chef then I've got 4 Michelin Stars hanging in my kitchen.

He will definitely have to buck up his ideas if he expects to survive amongst all the other good restaurants in the area.