Good News For Massage Lovers

hendrix

There are an increasing number of 100 baht massage shops sprouting up around Pattaya in the last year. You will rarely see 100 baht for Thai massage anywhere in the kingdom so rejoice. However, you often get what you pay for at these places. Thin mattresses lined up side by side seperated by a curtain, girls not washing your feet before massaging your feet, body, and face, unnecessarily loud chatter between the "masseusses" and/or the cheap Charlie customers blabbing away on their phones, bright lights from ceiling or street, etc.

But I've recently found a few gems on soi xzyte (soi adjacent to Xzyte disco on 3rd road) that were clean and quiet or 150 baht but at no greater or worse than the 100 baht massages. Only in Thailand can you enjoy a hot dish and a massage for 150 baht total. :D

Know any good shops? Where's your local?

I went to Healthtree's fancy spa on North Pattaya road. While inexpensive and the cavernous building very impressive, I was herded through like cattle and shortly after my arrival, a bus load of Asian tourist noisily stomped in and out an hour later regardless of the nap I was jolted out of! :o