Where Is Gold Going In This Market

Physical gold vs paper gold: waiting for the dam to break

The time when central banks will be unable to continue to manage bullion markets by intervention has probably been brought closer. They will face havingto rescue the bullion banks from the crisis of rising gold and silver prices by other means, if only to maintain confidence in paper currencies. Any gold held by struggling eurozone nations, theoretically available to supply markets as a stop-gap, will not last long and may have been already sold.

This will likely develop into another financial crisis at the worst possible moment, when central banks are already being forced to flood markets with papercurrency to keep interest rates down, banks solvent, and to finance governments’ day-to-day spending. Its importance is that it threatens more than any other of the various crises to destabilise confidence in government-backedcurrencies, bringing an early end to all attempts to manage the others systemic problems.

http://www.goldmoney.com/gold-research/alasdair-macleod/physical-gold-vs-paper-gold-waiting-for-the-dam-to-break.html

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back over $1500 next week. Sent from Me to You.

Last Friday showed some sign of buyers fatigue, so I'm expecting at least a few days of pull back coming up next week.

And of course coinciding with the 3 days chinese holiday ( I think.)

Jordan Eliseo of ABC Bullion and Peter McGuire of NGFarah are interviewed on Australia’s Sky Business News about the reasons for the recent decline in gold and silver prices and the surge in physical bullion demand it has created.

Edited by midas

This thread is called...WHERE IS GOLD GOING IN THIS MARKET. My reply is over $1500 next week. What don't you get about that? Sent from Me to You.

Today is last day of the trading week isn't it ?

Bulls got tripped by good US jobs numbers but I still feel the fundamentals are there for back over 1500. Time is irrelevant to my gold holdings.I buy and sell by price. Any thoughts?

Sent from Me to You.

Bulls got tripped by good US jobs numbers but I still feel the fundamentals are there for back over 1500. Time is irrelevant to my gold holdings.I buy and sell by price. Any thoughts?

Sent from Me to You.

Any thoughts?

You should apply for a job as weatherman . biggrin.png

Sent from Me to You.

Any thoughts?

You should apply for a job as weatherman . biggrin.png

I am reminded that the successful short-term investor is a trader and that the unsuccessful trader is redefined as a long term term investor. 'Time is irrelevant' is a statement of undisguised awfulness prompting shrieks of utter despair and thoughts of suicide.

I've been trading gold since 1978 and lived through ups and downs without suicide. Wow...I was hoping this was one thread without all the wise cracks.

Sadly I was mistaken.

Sent from Me to You.

This thread is called...WHERE IS GOLD GOING IN THIS MARKET. My reply is over $1500 next week. What don't you get about that? Sent from Me to You.

Today is last day of the trading week isn't it ?

when the "weatherman" made his forecast from "Him to Us" gold traded at $1465. it closed 1471 and we laymen have to admit that none of us would have 'thunked' that the yellow metal could virtually explode and gain a phantastic 0.41% within such a short period. he's a genius... honi soit qui mal y pense!

whistling.gif

I've been trading gold since 1978 and lived through ups and downs without suicide. Wow...I was hoping this was one thread without all the wise cracks.

Sadly I was mistaken.

Sent from Me to You.

If one is trading then time does matter. Wisecracks come free for those goldbugs who say one thing but appear to do another.

Sad and pathetic lonely people always attack more successful people. Get a life and discuss GOLD and stop bashing people who you don't know.

Very sad that Expats here have to alienate one another instead of discussion about a topic.

My way of investment is buy low and sell high. I am not trading options or futures but buying physical gold. I will see you at 1500 again soon. In the meantime I bought again at 1380 and am up!

Get a grip and loses the clique attacks. Its very child like for an investment forum.

Borderline rule breaking.

Sad and pathetic lonely people always attack more successful people. Get a life and discuss GOLD and stop bashing people who you don't know.

Very sad that Expats here have to alienate one another instead of discussion about a topic.

My way of investment is buy low and sell high. I am not trading options or futures but buying physical gold. I will see you at 1500 again soon. In the meantime I bought again at 1380 and am up!

Get a grip and loses the clique attacks. Its very child like for an investment forum.

Borderline rule breaking.

Did you previously buy at 1480, 1580, 1680, 1780 and 1880? and telling us all the water is lovely come on in?

mccw, on 25 Apr 2013 - 15:56, said:

With cheap oil all but gone and related costs set to rise steadily in the next decades, I think its highly likely that golf along with most other commodities and food stuffs reliant on transport and mechanised labour will see price increasing steadily or dramaticly over the coming decades.

This is by no means a foregone conclusion.

Examination of SCO (ultrashort WTI) shows expected shorter term weakness.

Long term the US will become energy independent which unless the rest of the world demand rises greatly will leave the oil producers floundering.....remember a small reduction in demand equals a large drop in price). Remember that like the UK the US uses gas for heating now oil will be for transport only.

Probably oil demand ex-US will rise......but (I believe) the Chinese have vast amounts (double the US) of potential shale deposit.......it would extraordinary if they didn't start working this, and given their keenness on electric vehicles who knows what could happen, maybe they could go energy independent.

So far it looks like there will be a floor of $60 which is the cost of shale production......unless greater efficiency reduces that.

Ample gas resources could be brought into the equation as vehicles run very easily on it, and it's cheap.

I'm not convinced by shale. We will see. At best it will only temper price inflation; but there are still a billion more people arriving on the planet every few years and that has to effect the demands on food, water and other commodities. Hopefully the mis managed potential of Africa, think Zimbabwea, food production can come back on line. As things really heat up I expect the global military powers will take a greater role maintaining order in such places to ensure continuing supply's. The land rush is already well documented. Its exponential growth in a finite world. Maybe one day we as a people we can get off this rock and expand through space. The alternative is a reduced population and sustainable economy in balance with nature. Who knows when the transition will be forced but it is inevitable one way or the other eventually.

Sadly I was mistaken.

Sent from Me to You.

your "Sent from Me to You" sounds not only wise-cracky but also very smart-àssy.

With cheap oil all but gone and related costs set to rise steadily in the next decades, I think its highly likely that golf along with most other commodities and food stuffs reliant on transport and mechanised labour will see price increasing steadily or dramaticly over the coming decades.

Long term the US will become energy independent which unless the rest of the world demand rises greatly will leave the oil producers floundering.....remember a small reduction in demand equals a large drop in price). Remember that like the UK the US uses gas for heating now oil will be for transport only.

Probably oil demand ex-US will rise......but (I believe) the Chinese have vast amounts (double the US) of potential shale deposit.......it would extraordinary if they didn't start working this, and given their keenness on electric vehicles who knows what could happen, maybe they could go energy independent.

So far it looks like there will be a floor of $60 which is the cost of shale production......unless greater efficiency reduces that.

Ample gas resources could be brought into the equation as vehicles run very easily on it, and it's cheap.

Maybe one day we as a people we can get off this rock and expand through space... Who knows when the transition will be forced but it is inevitable one way or the other eventually.
Congratulations to you and midas for already having achieved this objective.

Maybe one day we as a people we can get off this rock and expand through space... Who knows when the transition will be forced but it is inevitable one way or the other eventually.

Congratulations to you and midas for already having achieved this objective.

Back in the day..........

It was when naam said, quite some pages ago now, that he holds 10% in gold that I realised if naam, the devil's advocate of anti gold and pro paper markets, was holding 10% = my tiny % holding was woefully under weight and I needed to do some serious re-evaluation.

It was when naam said, quite some pages ago now, that he holds 10% in gold that I realised if naam, the devil's advocate of anti gold and pro paper markets, was holding 10% = my tiny % holding was woefully under weight and I needed to do some serious re-evaluation.

that is not quite correct "mccw". we hold something like 7-8% of our liquid capital in gold and my plan is to increase that to max 10% whereas the Mrs would like that we increase to min 20%. but nothing is chiseled in stone. an investor has to be flexible and adjust to a changing ambiente (e.g. a crash) if need arises within a day or even hours.

that is not quite correct "mccw". we hold something like 7-8% of our liquid capital in gold and my plan is to increase that to max 10% whereas the Mrs would like that we increase to min 20%. but nothing is chiseled in stone. an investor has to be flexible and adjust to a changing ambiente (e.g. a crash) if need arises within a day or even hours.

well, keeping that amount of gold capital in liquid would explain your high electric bills! sleep.png

well, keeping that amount of gold capital in liquid FORM would explain your high electric bills!

edit

added the word FORM, didnt mean much without it...probably still dosen't too

i didnt know how to edit the original post wai.gif