Do Thai Girls Ever Switch Off Their Mobile Phones?

goodmanreally

I have an unusual question but it's bugging me badly. I have a girlfriend in Mae Sot. I travel on business often and we stay in touch with mobiles. Sometimes, she will switch off her phone, which never bothered me or made me suspicious but a friend recently said to me that Thai girls never ever switch off their phones and i should be suspicious of this. This one sentence from my friend has now turned me into mr parnoia and i wanting to know if Thai girls really never switch off their phones. Does your wife or girlfriend do this? I want to point out that my girlfriend is not a bar girl and works a normal job as a manager's office assistant.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an unusual question but it's bugging me badly. I have a girlfriend in Mae Sot. I travel on business often and we stay in touch with mobiles. Sometimes, she will switch off her phone, which never bothered me or made me suspicious but a friend recently said to me that Thai girls never ever switch off their phones and i should be suspicious of this. This one sentence from my friend has now turned me into mr parnoia and i wanting to know if Thai girls really never switch off their phones. Does your wife or girlfriend do this? I want to point out that my girlfriend is not a bar girl and works a normal job as a manager's office assistant.

Do you think that anyone will answer that question. Get a live! firdt post and a joke.

what is wrong with the question? I dont think it unusual but i want to know if other peoples Thai wife or girfriend really never switches off their phone. If you don't have an answer for me, don't respond OK?

Never had a Thai wife so cannot answer for them , had a multitude of lady friends from varying walks and climes of life , from a millionairs ex wife down through the pile , short aquaintancies often switched off their phone whilst we participated in certain buisiness transactions , the remainder , seldom .

There is a recent thread called 'Thai lady telephone habits etc'

If you wish to read it, have a look, but I doubt it would help your paranoia.

There is always a bit of useful advice on these threads.....you have to sift through...

Best wishes

the socio-economic spectrum that you loosley refer to as "thai girl" is vast and wide. i know an air hostess who frequently turns her phone off. i know a real estate agent that never turns her phone off. how can one possibly answer your question with any degree of determinism.

Do you think that anyone will answer that question. Get a live! firdt post and a joke.

You are the joke! :o

Nothing wrong with the question, what a nice welcome you gave to a new member, you <deleted>!

Edited by GungaDin

Yeah…..I turn my phone off sometimes, too. People get mad at me, but that's their issue, not mine. I check-in often enough for it not to be a problem. So that I remain blissful and serene in this hectic world.

If you can't turn your phone off, EVER,….then I think that's probably a personal addiction, not just for being a "thai girl" as you wrongly assume. :o

Edited by MetroGirl

I assume you mean that she has shut off her phone when you have tried to call her? I have known several who have done this, sometimes it is because of a low battery or other technical reason or maybe they are busy working. However, if this is a pattern, I would be concerned. Often it is off when they are "taking care" of their BF.

Hi, I have a gf in Bangkok (not a bar girl or freelancer).  She has her phone off at night when she does her Buddhist prayers.  Yes she does do Buddhist prayers.  When I visit her she bugs me to do it too and we always visit her monk and spend one or two days at her temple (my knees and butt hurts thinking about the tile floors there).  If her phone is off, I wait 30 minutes and call again (from the US) and it rings....

Lads. Please refrain from abusing each other. Please play by the rules. Thanks.

flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, rants, and/or for launching personal attacks, insulting, being hateful, useless criticism, name calling, swearing and other bad behavior or comments meant to incite anger.

flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, rants, and/or for launching personal attacks, insulting, being hateful, useless criticism, name calling, swearing and other bad behavior or comments meant to incite anger.

Thanks for leaving up it's response for all to see.

Couldn't be better :o

Thanks for leaving up it's response for all to see.

Couldn't be better :o

Irrespective of employment, some ladies have more than one telephone for more than one contact. As I recall, previous postings refer to one who had six different numbers. Of course it could just be flat battery or no signal.

Some customers insist that the girl turn off her mobile phone during the rental period. Some girls feel guilty when their #1 boyfriend calls when she is engaged so she turns the mobile off. Other than those two reasons a boyfriend in 2008 should be able to connect to his girlfriend at anytime. A telling sign is taht she is only unavailable when #1 boyfriend is out of town.

Just ask her. Relationship is based on trust. There are 1000 of reasons why a person switch off the phone. There is no right answer to this question. And you are only assuming she maybe unfaithful. Have time off and stay with her longer to understand her.

They would probrably switch it off for the same reasons as you would. Whoever told you that "Thai girls" never do something is just stirring you up. Maybe she ran out of battery... Why not just casually ask her?

Reasonable question, please ignore the idiot responsies and I can understand your concern.

I have a middle aged Thai wife and an 19 year old half Thai daughter. They never ever switch off their mobile phones, my daughter actually has 2 mobile phones and a notebook computer, where she goes, they go, litually.

This is the same for many people from all over the world, but especially Thailand. Keeping the phones charged up and in credit is an absolute priority for them.

Sassienie says:

If you really are concerned that your girlfriend may be cheating on you, try this:

When she is asleep, grab the phone and check what phone number contacts she has, recent calls and messages. I wager that if she having a bit on the side than their contact details will be on that phone, mobile phone addits cant resist it.

This may seem under handed, but so what, especially if you considering putting resources into the relationship. As they say, get ahead of the game.

So now it`s up to you.

Edited by sassienie

"Time-share" or "rental" type thai gurls NEVER EVER turn off their mobiles, although they may put it on silent, or call divert periodically, especially when doing their "buddhist prayers" if that's what "j0hnga1t" is calling it nowadays.

Even office working thai gurls will rarely if ever turn off their mobiles. In fact I think no one here turns their mobile off EVER, as one only needs to go to a movie and listen to the mobile phones ringing every few minutes during the film.

That being said; I would not be overly paranoid, which sadly from your post you seem to be. I concur with another poster who said look at the contacts, call history, sms records, etc when she is asleep.

Edited by tod-daniels

Im with those who say the OP is trolling. It's a stupid question.

Is there something in the Thai female gene that is a rule they NEVER turn their phones off. <deleted> . . how stupid is that.

Some turn their phones off, some turn their phones on, just like hundreds of millions of other mobile phone users around the world . . does it have to be a bloody mystery?

You are the joke! :o

Nothing wrong with the question, what a nice welcome you gave to a new member, you <deleted>!

It's a ridiculous question which warrants ridiculous answers. Do women ever turn off their phones? might be more acceptable. Why mention Thai women? are they any different than other women? What is the OP trying to insinuate by mentioning Thai women turning off their phones?

By the way i think that a <deleted> is a pregnant goldfish so i don't see the relevance in that statement.

Cheers, Rick

True its a bit of a silly question, but its obvious what the guys getting at.

Ask yourself the question, if theres no GOOD reason for the phone to be off, then why is it off!?! In my experience very few girls ever turn their phone off. Make it clear from the start that you won't tollerate it then if this happpens frequently and they don't have a good explaination for it then show em the door. :o