How Many Expats In The Sangkha Area?

lukey1979

Have deleted several posts, warnings & suspensions issued. Despite several warnings & discussions with certain members, they seem to see fit in treating Thaivisa's guidelines & rules with disrespect .

Rule 10

10) Not to post commercial spam or to post any promotional links, URLs or addresses to a member's own business or that would lead people to your site. Not to post URL links to other forums . Not to flood, post commercial or for-profit advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and similar solicitations.

Any further disregard of rules & repeat offenders will earn a permanent BAN.

I live in Lam Duan, there's no 7/11 as dave says no farang bars, there is a little resort that has just opened up, and the Lam Duan restaurant ,it's opposite where the tuesday market is.

Thanks Boyce. I won't be in need of a 7/11 or farang bars, as long as there's the odd Thai bar or restaurant and a shop to stock up on beer supplies for the house.

Are there any banks, supermarkets or the like or do you have to head into Surin town for such things? Is there much in the way of rented accommodation?

Edited by TCA

Hi, in Sangkha town you have a big open market and shops around where you get everything.There are some small thai restaurants in town which offer cheap and easy food.But you can also try the restaurants at the main roads for some special food.My favourite good tasting is at the intersection highway 24 to chom chom ( Kap Choeng).And as Dave mentioned,Frank for getting western food and meet farangs.You can find his restaurant on the left side, when you are leaving Sangkha to Surin...and even you change your mind,there is a 7/11 and to other small 24h shops that offer some western food and two thai shops where you can buy things like pasta.But, ultimate, if you are missing western food, as a lot of us are doing sometimes, you can go to Surin.There is a big C, Tesco Lotus, Macro and some farang restaurants like the farangconnection, starbeam...

In Sanghka you have the kasikorn bank with a branch office and 2 ATM.At 7/11 there is 1 ATM,at the nearby shop is one.At the intersection at the big market is one.In

Lamduang you have a bangkokbank branch with ATM at the main road Sangkha- Surin.

Thanks warni. That's very useful indeed.

On the subject of banks, I don't suppose if you or anybody else knows if Sangkha has a Bank of Ayudyha/Krungsri (the yellow one)? Or even just an ATM for it?