Looking For Atv To Buy

2ge

Hello,

I'd like to buy couple of ATV for rent on one island. I heard E-Ton is good brand for ATV, but I cannot find any ditributor for this, so maybe someone should post some ideas for reliable ATV brands (I dont want go with them to repair shop every 2nd week), and also some sites, or telephone numbers where to buy.

I know registration is really quite impossible for ATV, but thats OK :o

Thanks for any help!

I have friends in France with Polaris but it's expensive

Ok, what is expensive, what model, where...? Also I like to buy something in Thailand, not to bring from eversea (no experience with that).

Thanks, I will contact him.

Is there any website for ATV for sell in Thailand...?

Far from being an ATV expert, I can only give my experiences. Firexpress is a Danish fire fighting company with a plant in Chonburi. One of their products is a fire fighting ATV. We spent months sourcing ATV's in Thailand but after finding two local manufacturers we realised that their units were underpowered, poorly maufactured and expensive. Expensive because the manufacturers realised that all imported units were subjected to very heavy import duties, and used that to their advantage.

Firexpress always use Polaris, which is generally accepted as the world leader but the import duties would have killed any customer interest in Thailand, so what they did was import them into the duty free zone in Laem Cha Bang, modify them to fire fighting units then import them into the local market by paying import duty for a fire fighting unit which is only about 8%

These units have attracted a lot of attention from fire brigades in Thailand, but as you have asked and realise it is not easy to get them road registered. Firexpress did manage this by fitting a roof, seat belts high/low light beams, seat belt, rear lights etc etc. but it was difficult to get the Land transport Office to accept. In other words think of a Tuk Tuk and understand the ATV needed the same modifications.

In your location, I am really unsure whether you would be required to modify to the same extent, if at all,even Pattaya seems to have quite a number of basic ATV's on the road.

I will dig through my files and see if I can find the details of the two local manufacturers