Krugerrand Acceptance

JimsKnight

Got some Kugerrands and went into the local jewellers (at Tescos) for a quick valuation.

The head woman behind the counter fobbed me off (she didn't have a scooby about other gold types)

Anyone know where the best place in Bangkok for gold valuation of krugs. is???

Cheers

........ short of funds are we?

Any gold dealer in China town should take them - but you'll only get the gold value. Krugerands mean nothing to Thai's.

Try the SA Embassy (oppisite Ploenchit Park - you cant miss it - theres a big flag sticking out the side of the building on the 3rd/4th floor) - you may have more luck with them.

Thanks, Krugerands may mean nothing to Thais but gold is gold baby :D

Yeah I figured chinatown but thought there might be somewhere else other than the traffic nexus down there.

And no, not short of funds, but it's always good to know where to get hard cash if TSHTF :o

A tongue in cheek comment it was - after all, not many folk travel around with K/rand's "at the ready", never mind bring (or keep them) to Thailand. One may just as well have purchased some bullion at the duty free in Abu Dhabi or Bharain(?).

So its the Krugerrand part which is odd - not the gold. Indeed gold has turned out to be a dam_n good investment - even more so now that the money and share markets are in the mess they are.

But as you raised the subject (for what it worth) - maize as a commodity/future, from a percentile point of view over Q2 & 3 last year and the Q1 this year saw returns which were much the same as gold!

So there - nothing foolish about gold, or for that matter maize.

Yeah I figured chinatown but thought there might be somewhere else other than the traffic nexus down there.

And no, not short of funds, but it's always good to know where to get hard cash if TSHTF :o

You'll have no probs in China Town - in fact any gold dealer: it takes them 2 minutes to test a piece of metal (however thick it is) to confirm if its gold and just what the percentage is - and that is exactly what they will pay you for - though you may possibly get a few few extra Baht if you flogged to one of the coin dealers (again in China Town - there are a good dozen of them), who may just be willing to pay a little extra because its a coin - after all, there arent that many K/rands in Thailand

But worst comes to worst - a gold dealer will relieve you of it for cash on the spot for its gold value ......

Edited by Maizefarmer

hope you got quite a few of them then if TSHTF :D

I got some in uk and sold a couple there but not a good price,too many of them around to interest a coin dealer

Got some Kugerrands and went into the local jewellers (at Tescos) for a quick valuation.

The head woman behind the counter fobbed me off (she didn't have a scooby about other gold types)

Anyone know where the best place in Bangkok for gold valuation of krugs. is???

Cheers

If you still haven't sold them, let me know (what & price) via PM and maybe I can take them off your hands,

also, ANYONE else who has gold coins, ingots, etc., I might be interested in them also.

Edited by excaliber

The point of gold is its like cash in your pocket, coins have a set weight of gold and purity and a Krand is as good as it gets.

Whatever the market price that day of a gram of gold is that is what you should get the dealer will take a % or a transaction price.

I guess if you got them 4 years ago they may have tripled in value time to take the profit.

http://www.coins-stamps-rotterdam.nl/index...products_id=365