Fresh [live] Crawfish [yabbies] In Cm?

jaideeguy

In an earlier thread there was mention of a seafood restaurant that had live crawfish in a tank for sale and i can't find the posting....so I'm putting it out there again.

Does any one know of any live crawfish [yabbies] in CM and where?? Or have there been any sightings in any of the markets?/would be a lot cheaper than paying the kilo price of a restaurant!

I want to try my hand at breeding them for home use and if successful, will share........

Thanks in advance.

In an earlier thread there was mention of a seafood restaurant that had live crawfish in a tank for sale and i can't find the posting....so I'm putting it out there again.

Does any one know of any live crawfish [yabbies] in CM and where?? Or have there been any sightings in any of the markets?/would be a lot cheaper than paying the kilo price of a restaurant!

I want to try my hand at breeding them for home use and if successful, will share........

Thanks in advance.

I've bought them from the pet shop ( Aquatic ) on the main road in front of the pet market before. They usually only have a few but might be able to get more if you ask them. The shop that had them was the last one ( fish shop ) on the left hand side..

Thanks.....but are you refering to a pet shop in Komthien market or the small soi with pet shops near airport plaza?? and the crayfish..were they the big red ones from OZ?? That's the kind that I want, if possible.......

the place near Airport Plaza.. If APP is behind you and you were going to the moat ( Mahidol road ? ) you would take a right turn at the first U turn, I think it's more or less parallel with the big electrical place next to Toyota. Go down there a few hundred meters and it's the last aquatic shop on the left. The pet market is behind this row of shops. To be honest I'm not sure they will have what you want, the ones we bought were cute little critters ( a blue / green colour and very small ) for my daughters amusement. However if you went there with pictures they might know where to get them..

'SCUSE ME!!

As a member of the CCC (Ciitizens Caring for Crawfish), I wish to direct you to where to get the best hamburger in Chiang Mai. Just check roughly 100 threads on this web site. We don't care much for cows.

We have also learned from the "Just Ask Sarah Palin" website that there is a high incidence of STDs from eating crawfish. This time, Sarah got it right. Unfortunately, her campaign for abstinence among crawfish has yet to show results. Perhaps more prayer is needed. Anyway, while condoms for crawfish might work, it isn't 100% either, so there's still this certain problem for humans digesting (shudder!) crawfish. I can not mention the symptoms because this is a family site. Just go get a hamburger with everything on it....well, almost everything!

'SCUSE ME2, but I'm tired of 'hamburger talk' on this forum.....especially when it's a common known fact that Burger King is the best.

maybe if i feed my crawfish hamburgers, they'll give me good growth rates???

Let's get serious and not off track guys.....I just want some breeding crawfish, not hamburgers.

'SCUSE ME2, but I'm tired of 'hamburger talk' on this forum.....especially when it's a common known fact that Burger King is the best.

maybe if i feed my crawfish hamburgers, they'll give me good growth rates???

Let's get serious and not off track guys.....I just want some breeding crawfish, not hamburgers.

Appreciate to know if you have any luck and what you find. I believe one of the King's projects near CM grows Red Claw from Queensland, Australia. I am trying to get some Red Claw. The hobby fish shops at Jatachuk market in Bangkok carry a few kinds of freshwater crayfish. Some from Japan.

Edited by Chinavet

If you do a search on the subject, you may find the address etc. for the research centre in CM that were attempting to breed said Yabbies. I posted it on here a couple of months ago.

Hope this helps.

Edited by mickmac

Sledge....

Just returned from town and picked up 10 one inch baby 'blue lobster' crayfish [mixed sex] for 100THB ea and will try them in an unoccupied cement tank and see if I can multiply them...or at least keep them alive. The adult male was 4+inches [not counting the claws] and a beautiful irridecent blue color and if they are not good for food, they are beautiful in an aquarium

Still on the lookout for the 'giant reds' from OZ.....for food.

Sledge....

Just returned from town and picked up 10 one inch baby 'blue lobster' crayfish [mixed sex] for 100THB ea and will try them in an unoccupied cement tank and see if I can multiply them...or at least keep them alive. The adult male was 4+inches [not counting the claws] and a beautiful irridecent blue color and if they are not good for food, they are beautiful in an aquarium

Still on the lookout for the 'giant reds' from OZ.....for food.

Good stuff! if they grow into edible monsters let me know please.. Sounds like quite a fun thing to do! Maybe I should get out more... :o