Membership Card Program At Landmark Hotel

jfchandler

Happened to come across mention yesterday of the new membership program (which includes dining and lodging discounts) from the Landmark Hotel in BKK. I was interested to see the details because apparently, in recognition of the current and future economics ahead, they seem to have reduced the price and some benefits of their package, but still have a potentially interesting offering.

I know we had some posts on this a year or so ago here, but I couldn't find them thru any manner of search terms. So I'm starting a fresh thread here.

If my memory serves, their annual card last year was 6,000 baht or more. The new version, called the Club Landmark membership program, is only 4,900 baht. It seems they have scaled back the free lodging and lodging discounts some compared to the prior. But the dining discounts offered remain particularly good, especially approaching the holidays.

Those include for the new program discounts of the following amounts at any of the Landmark's 7 main restaurants (including the Huntsman Pub): 33% discount for single party, 50% off 2-4 persons, and 30% off 5-10 persons, as well as 15% off all beverages.

The package also includes a free lunch or dinner buffet for up to four people at the hotel's Atrium restaurant and a certificate for a free birthday cake within the month after the cardholder's birthday.

There are also a variety of other discounts and certificates included as well, but I mentioned above the most useful/useable ones. Given that the holidays are approaching, and the Landmark has some excellent offerings such as the RR&B steak house, buffets at the Atrium Cafe and the Huntsman, it's an interesting offer.

Just the value of the free dinner buffet for four people in connection with the cardholder's birthday would cover most of the membership cost. And the rest is just cake....especially if you're doing any amount of entertaining thru the year.

Club_Landmark_4900b.pdf

http://www.landmarkbangkok.com/club.html

I think most of the big chains have something like this. I have a Marriott membership at THB 6,500 which give the same sort of meal discounts in their hotel restaurants plus as well as the floating restaurant on the Chao Praya. Also gives you hugely discounted room rates in Thailand and some less impressive discounts in the region.

I eat at the Atrium outdoor part of the landmark once or twice a week. Daily they have very good lunch special consisting of warm rolls, a starter (example, depends on the day but smoked salmon, or buffalo mozza and tomatoes) followed by a main for only 199 baht +++.

However, I notice recently that the time between finishing the starter and getting the main has increased significantly to anywhere between 10-15 mins whereas before it was no more than 5 mins.

I asked if they had a new chef and the reply was yes. Seems a local has taken on the duties and we are now on 'local' time.

That being said, food quality is still very good, if but a bit slower.

• 3 months later...
I eat at the Atrium outdoor part of the landmark once or twice a week. Daily they have very good lunch special consisting of warm rolls, a starter (example, depends on the day but smoked salmon, or buffalo mozza and tomatoes) followed by a main for only 199 baht +++.

However, I notice recently that the time between finishing the starter and getting the main has increased significantly to anywhere between 10-15 mins whereas before it was no more than 5 mins.

I asked if they had a new chef and the reply was yes. Seems a local has taken on the duties and we are now on 'local' time.

That being said, food quality is still very good, if but a bit slower.

Just an update, tried it again today to see if things stand...

Haslunch at Terrace Café today and man have things improved. Lunch special consisting of clam chowder, rolls and stuffed turkey was not only excellent but expedient. Seems like the new chef has got things back to normal.

• 1 year later...

If you (like me) only care about the Atrium dinner buffet, there's not much of a point to the Landmark card.

Atrium for over a year (I think) has been doing their dinner buffet (regular of 1600THB) for only 800 THB if you bring 4 people or more.

It's a great buffet for the price in my opinion.

If you buy the landmark card it comes with a 50% off food discount for 2-4 people.

That discount does not sit on top of that 50% discount available to anyone who brings 4 or more people, according to Atrium staff.

This really miffed me! I was hoping to buy the card and get 400THB atrium dinners.

Honestly, I'd eat there every frigging night.

Now , am I sad because I wanted to make out like a bandit and did not?

Of course

Irregardless, tho, if you shell out 5K for a card - you can immediately get 3200THB back in free buffet (free dinner buffet up to 4 people)

But, then you still put in 1800 THB that you haven't gotten back.

Well, the card has other freebies: a free night stay, discounts on food, etc.

One nice thing is that you'd end up getting the 50% discount at Atrium and only need 2 people instead of 4..

I hear the lunches at landmark are nice and I could make that 1800 THB back if I ate there a lot...

but, meh.. I dunno.

Where are the crazy memberships anymore?

:)

Edited by modfive