Buy Gold Now!

I do not understand why you peeps have problems buying Gold (In Thailand).

Any shop (big) in BKK I go to has Gold Bullion, 1 B, 5, 10, 20 and even 50 and 100 Baht.

This is what I have at the moment.

post-21826-1229097262_thumb.jpg

:o

Edited by AlexLah

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand why you peeps have problems buying Gold (In Thailand).

Any shop (big) in BKK I go to has Gold Bullion, 1 B, 5, 10, 20 and even 50 and 100 Baht.

Ii am looking to buy a few 1 and 5 baht.

Care to share which shops have these in stock, a PM would be very much appreciated.

I found only shops that needs reservation and deliver in at least 2 weeks.

I do not understand why you peeps have problems buying Gold (In Thailand). Any shop (big) in BKK I go to has Gold Bullion, 1 B, 5, 10, 20 and even 50 and 100 Baht. This is what I have at the moment.

post-21826-1229097262_thumb.jpg

that's bullion in Thailand only. anywhere else only "999 fine gold" is called bullion.

I have 2% of my total assets in PM, but want to get it up to 15%, so does that qualify me as a goldbug in need of common sense? To me, common sense is diversifying my holdings, over cash, stocks, real estate and precious metals such as silver, palladium and platinum. Please tell me how this is a bad thing??

Vibe,

your present 2% of precious metals do not constitute a "bad thing" and neither does your expectation that your present percentage goes up to 15%. there's nothing wrong diversifying your assets if you can afford it. "bad" is the bullshit spread by real "goldbugs" since decades that precious metals have a yield, that fiat money has the equivalent value of toilet paper and the like. people who claim that lack the basics of investing and last not least the economic basic mathematics to integrate in their yield/result calculations and expectations REAL yields (e.g. interest or dividend paying assets) which are needed to cover your living expenses.

that's bullion in Thailand only. anywhere else only "999 fine gold" is called bullion.

That is interesting. I have not seen Thai gold & just now noticed that 96.5 fineness stamp on it.

But dont feel bad a Krugerrand is only 91.67% & I love to buy them.

And True or not even fine coin shops call them Bullion

Since 1967, the world's favorite choice for Gold Bullion Coins has been the South African Krugerrands.Each coin is 32.7 millimeters in diameter, contains 91.67% of fine gold, and weighs 31.1035 grams, one troy ounce.

That is interesting. I have not seen Thai gold & just now noticed that 96.5 fineness stamp on it.

Since 1967, the world's favorite choice for Gold Bullion Coins has been the South African Krugerrands.Each coin is 32.7 millimeters in diameter, contains 91.67% of fine gold, and weighs 31.1035 grams, one troy ounce.

Flying,

we are not discussing gold contents but "bullion". thai gold bars are internationally not accecpted as "bullion" and neither are gold coins.

Since 1967, the world's favorite choice for Gold Bullion Coins has been the South African Krugerrands.Each coin is 32.7 millimeters in diameter, contains 91.67% of fine gold, and weighs 31.1035 grams, one troy ounce

= bullshit! one Krügerrand weighs exactly 33.93 grams to make up for the added copper content and therefore containing one troy ounce of 999 fine gold.

Flying,

we are not discussing gold contents but "bullion". thai gold bars are internationally not accecpted as "bullion" and neither are gold coins.

Yes I understand but I was showing how even name companies like the one quoted above are wrongfully calling it bullion :D

Also judging by your 2nd post they have the weight wrong too :D

Purchasing 1,5, 10, 20 50 and 100 Baht Thai Gold bars.

Wong Wian Yai (the roundabout) shop name is: Tok Gang or something.

It is the biggest shop there.

You can also just go to any gold shop in China town that has enough.

Even the shops in Lotus and Big C have plenty gold available.

(Picture of real bullion below).

post-21826-1229264615_thumb.jpg

Flying, Gold might have a few nice runs while the Chinese are buying, but the end game for gold is rather ugly! Most gold bugs I know are loaded to their antennas with the stuff and should Russia start selling and china curtail their buying, then gold will drop as fast as oil did.

I cannot say with certainty what the end game is to anything that has not occurred yet.

*IF* Russia starts selling there would be a reason for it & *IF* China & everyone else stops buying there would be a reason.

Till then I still see PM's as a pretty safe haven these days. I seem to be in worldwide company in that respect. Also I am not praying for hyperinflation or any other mad max type scenarios but.....I do feel much better not having all my liquid assets in USD or banks for that matter. Nor do I want to be in the stock markets at this time on the pass or the no-pass side. I am comfy here :D

Let everyone be comfy where they are too :D

IF Russia starts selling there would be a reason! Yes there would be a reason, are you familiar with what is happening with the Russian rubble or with the Russian stock market? MELTDOWN :D As far as China goes, the import figures posted last week show that China could be in for a bout of deflation themselves and unemployment will rise much faster and higher than anyone though before :D It is not out of the question that China could have an inward implosion and colapse under its own weight (so to speak). These are real world facts flying, not goldbug fairy tales of COMEX default or Dollar demise or hyperinflation ect. ect . ect. :o As always good luck in your investments, and have a good Holiday season!

Purchasing 1,5, 10, 20 50 and 100 Baht Thai Gold bars.

Wong Wian Yai (the roundabout) shop name is: Tok Gang or something.

It is the biggest shop there.

You can also just go to any gold shop in China town that has enough.

Even the shops in Lotus and Big C have plenty gold available.

(Picture of real bullion below).

post-21826-1229264615_thumb.jpg

Looks real shiny :D Too bad it doesn't pay any interest or dividend :D I'll bet those gold bugs who bought at or near $800/ounce back in 1980 which they had put there money into something that paid a dividend or drew interest for these past 28 years :o

In a few years this goldbug is going to change his bits of gold in Thai Baht or Euros. No such thing as a US Dollar anymore. :o

It doesn't pay interest or dividend but it holds it value quit good. It is also quit resilient against inflation. Inflation is what i expect to happen, somewhere in the 10% per year.

But seriously, with everything going on right now, some gold is not the worst thing you can do with your money. In my opinion leaving it in cash is the worst thing.

In Thailand we are lucky that we don't have to pay a high premium on small quantities of gold. In other countries it are often coins or jewelry, and those have high markups.

Edited by Khun Jean

IF Russia starts selling there would be a reason! Yes there would be a reason, are you familiar with what is happening with the Russian rubble or with the Russian stock market? MELTDOWN :D As far as China goes, the import figures posted last week show that China could be in for a bout of deflation themselves and unemployment will rise much faster and higher than anyone though before :D It is not out of the question that China could have an inward implosion and colapse under its own weight (so to speak). These are real world facts flying, not goldbug fairy tales of COMEX default or Dollar demise or hyperinflation ect. ect . ect. :o As always good luck in your investments, and have a good Holiday season!

Yes Vic

That is what I said in another post.

I am aware of Russia fleaing their rubble....But what they are doing is buying anything of value with their rubbles....That includes gold.

Thank for the luck & Chok Dee to you too

Merry Xmas to you too :D

Looks real shiny :D Too bad it doesn't pay any interest or dividend :D I'll bet those gold bugs who bought at or near $800/ounce back in 1980 which they had put there money into something that paid a dividend or drew interest for these past 28 years :o

That is not really fair as Gold hit 800 for a very very short time in 1980.

All the rest & it would have done quite well. But even at 800 for that short time if I was invested back then I could today say I lost nothing.

I bet millions of folks who invested in 401k's & IRA's & Stock markets wish they could say they were even close to having lost nothing.

Gold remains what it always was & always will be.... a safe haven in troubled times. Also it was & always will be money that owes nothing to anyone.

Which means it cannot default or implode :D

Interest is nice & my dollars earn 4% but............... How much are they losing per year in buying power?

au1980.gif

In a few years this goldbug is going to change his bits of gold in Thai Baht or Euros. No such thing as a US Dollar anymore. :o

It doesn't pay interest or dividend but it holds it value quit good. It is also quit resilient against inflation. Inflation is what i expect to happen, somewhere in the 10% per year.

But seriously, with everything going on right now, some gold is not the worst thing you can do with your money. In my opinion leaving it in cash is the worst thing.

In Thailand we are lucky that we don't have to pay a high premium on small quantities of gold. In other countries it are often coins or jewelry, and those have high markups.

Agree, khun Jean.

And VegasVic,

Gold is a hedge for many people. It's diversification. And yes, I agree with KJean that it's better than cash at the moment.

Interest is nice & my dollars earn 4% but............... How much are they losing per year in buying power?

au1980.gif

embarrassing questions: "how much has gold lost this year since jan 1st (look at your graph) in buying power? and how much has gold lost in buying power when bought in february or march 2008? how many goldbugs who bought gold 28 years ago did starve to death or eating in soup kitchten provided by welfare organisations?"

get real people! if you lack the basics of investing than try to educate yourself. but not necessarily in the economic section of Thaivisa where 99% of the postings and advices are guided by wishful thinking and quite often wet dreams.

embarrassing questions: "how much has gold lost this year since jan 1st (look at your graph) in buying power? and how much has gold lost in buying power when bought in february or march 2008? how many goldbugs who bought gold 28 years ago did starve to death or eating in soup kitchten provided by welfare organisations?"

get real people! if you lack the basics of investing than try to educate yourself. but not necessarily in the economic section of Thaivisa where 99% of the postings and advices are guided by wishful thinking and quite often wet dreams.

That chart I showed was a 1980 chart yes?

But both you & Vic like to pick a short time & say *IF* you had bought then yes you lost a little now. But even at that I still feel fine having 20% of my liquid assets in it. Of course your investments/dollars has lost nothing ever yes?

Originally this was always just said to be a safe haven. Now some are acting as if someone said it was the highest performing investment possible? None said it was.

But as you said How much has gold lost since Jan 1st this year? Well ok Jan 1st 2008 $840 Gold is $837 here as I type this. Premium over spot not withstanding. Yup Gold has sure taken a beating......Right up there with GM ? :o

PS: Personally I bought all my gold later in the year when price was 730/oz so my buying power is satisfactory thanks :D

aujan08.gif

aufeb08.gif

Edited by flying

It is in a central banks interest to devalue gold. Devalue in the sense that people don't believe in gold as a currency anymore and certainly not as an investment. Central banks own large amounts and can influence the price quit strongly, but not for long periods of time. Unfortunately when the price is brought down a lot by dumping gold, people get out of it afraid that it might go even lower.

The more people being unsatisfied with their returns on gold the better is their thought. Mission accomplished.

On top of that, lie about inflation and pump more dollars in the system, making everybody feel more happy that they have more paper (In most cases it is not even more paper but a higher amount on another piece of paper, again from a bank of course.) Those new dollars should make even more dollars to sustain it. It goes good for a while especially when you cook the books about inflation and gdp, but anyone who has seen an exponential graph can figure out it that it has to bust.

The problem now is that i think we are not far from the bubble busting. I am not thinking years but more like months. And the bubble i mean is the dollar as a currency and probably with that other currencies because so much is interlinked nowadays.

If i compare my money stored in gold and my uncles in stocks i know who still has most of his money.

If i compare my money stored in gold and my uncles in stocks i know who still has most of his money.

Sad but true..... I have a sister who has lost 50% of her401K

Of course non can afford that but she really could not afford it & is crushed now that her *Financial Advisor* was so wrong.

Also following what you said here is a new article as of today on Bloomberg...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

Edited by flying

Of course your investments/dollars has lost nothing ever yes?

"loss of investment" requires a definition Flying. of course i incurred losses and i admit realised losses. but as i nearly exclusively invest in bonds, book losses (if the debtor does not default) are completely irrelevant for me. all i want is clip (up to four times per annum) my coupons.

gold does NOT yield anything (forget about meager leasing rates if you don't hold gold physically) except if the price goes up and you sell. i get my cash without any selling no matter what the bond prices do.

gold does NOT yield anything (forget about meager leasing rates if you don't hold gold physically) except if the price goes up and you sell. i get my cash without any selling no matter what the bond prices do.

I see now.......Ok the confusion is I only buy physical gold. I do not believe in Comex investing.