Koh Phangan Sub-forum?

I believe this may have been suggested in the past and I'm wondering if it might be time to revisit this again. I, personally, find myself scrolling through all the Samui topics to find Phangan postings. Any possibility of a Phangan sub-forum?

:D But then there is also koh Tao aswell, even though I hear little from ppl there, but fine with me, ask the BOSS! :o

GOOD LUCK!

I don't like this idea. I like reading Samui news too and there are many more regular posters in Samui. I feel the Phangan only forum would dry up pretty fast. I did used to live in Samui though so I am a little biased, but there are many things on Samui that interest Phanganers. Just search the word Phangan for the most recent posts surely??

Just search the word Phangan for the most recent posts surely??

Or search for one of the other spellings, or just "KPG" or "old hippies". Hey, just a joke, Ok? :o

Too bad there isn't a color coding option. Then the mods or OP could easily mark the KPG threads. Or maybe a new KPG-specific Post Icon to go next to each one?

Edited by koheesti

I'll put it to admin, spike but I wouldn't count on it. It doesn't seem that there are that many Phangan posters to fill a subforum.

A search of Phangan titles yields 6 pages of posts out of a grand total of 84.

Koh Tao would probably not even fill a page of posts.

I'll put it to admin, spike but I wouldn't count on it. It doesn't seem that there are that many Phangan posters to fill a subforum.

i dont necessarily have that much interest in the samui stuff either, but without it there would be no movement on this forum at all.

You should be happy there are so few pages. If there were more it would probably mean you guys over there have more shootings, trashy beaches, floods, rip off taxis, etc... :o

True. Cant remember the last time i read something from a koh tao member. Sad actually, i wouldnt mind reading some news from that place.

The op suggestion of a phangan subforum is not serious. You guys can try it out, but i doubt there will be action enough to keep it interesting.

How about a "hippie"- subforum. For all retired hippies all over thailand? Maybe that would generate enough traffic? :D:o .

Sorry, but seriously, maybe better off if kept like it is. We´ll try to leave some space for you guys, you´re welcome in this forum. And koh tao people, come on, start posting! :D

:D Well, there's always a first time that mattias and I agree on something :D

As for the hippie subforum, do hippies have computers? :o

Is The Grateful Dead dead? :D

well, according to human kinds secret history, the majority of the Woodstock audience hitch hiked immediately after the festival to KPN. But, you know - hippies take it easy. So on the way over some stopped at Isle of Wright, Kreta and India and some even went to Bali accidental, but the ones who came, are still here.

well, according to human kinds secret history, the majority of the Woodstock audience hitch hiked immediately after the festival to KPN. But, you know - hippies take it easy. So on the way over some stopped at Isle of Wright, Kreta and India and some even went to Bali accidental, but the ones who came, are still here.

Those hippies are amazing. Hitch hiking from New york to Kpg. Trought Kreta. They dicerve to be left in peace after that performance.

Those hippies are amazing. Hitch hiking from New york to Kpg. Trought Kreta. They dicerve to be left in peace after that performance.

at that time, mattias33, even shipowner and captains were asked for lifts...

...the first tourists (=tramper) to Samui came by fisher boats

So true birdman. Still you have to be impressed that even though it was for free, it´s one hel_l of a trip. I mean, here i am, crying about the 11 hour flight from Copenhagen to Bkk. If i´m sometimes forced (due to cheaper fares) to do a stop on the way it´s about all i can take. Imagine what the hippies went trought on their way here. We should leave those guys alone. Let them have their free spirit kpg life in peace, after all, they dont disturb me at all. I dont plann to go to kpg anywere in the near future... :D . Or infact maybe ever!

What was this thread about again?

Ohh, kpg subforum. Sorry op.

Right on, Birdman. ahh...the good ole dayz! :D

So true birdman. Still you have to be impressed that even though it was for free, it´s one hel_l of a trip. I mean, here i am, crying about the 11 hour flight from Copenhagen to Bkk. If i´m sometimes forced (due to cheaper fares) to do a stop on the way it´s about all i can take. Imagine what the hippies went trought on their way here. We should leave those guys alone. Let them have their free spirit kpg life in peace, after all, they dont disturb me at all. I dont plann to go to kpg anywere in the near future... :D . Or infact maybe ever!

I can tell you: being on the road is freedom people never did it will never understand.

So true birdman. Still you have to be impressed that even though it was for free, it´s one hel_l of a trip. I mean, here i am, crying about the 11 hour flight from Copenhagen to Bkk. If i´m sometimes forced (due to cheaper fares) to do a stop on the way it´s about all i can take. Imagine what the hippies went trought on their way here. We should leave those guys alone. Let them have their free spirit kpg life in peace, after all, they dont disturb me at all. I dont plann to go to kpg anywere in the near future... :wai: . Or infact maybe ever!

I can tell you: being on the road is freedom people never did it will never understand.

I agree. I done my fair share of roadtrips. All in good fun. Allthough i pictured the hippies "hitch hiking by boats". As in being trown in the storage compartment downstairs in a big bumpy ship for 60 days. If your suggesting they hitch hiked by road from New york (woodstock is outside New york, right?) to Kpg, over Canada, boat over bering sund and the whole continent down to asia, i still say they are heroes.

I ought to go to kpg and look up one of these hippies. It´s actually bookmaterial!

Are you making this up? :D .