International Money Transfer?

First of all,I would like to say Hi to all of you.I've just joined the forum. I would like to ask about money transfer. I am using krungsri bank and I need to transfer money to my bf in US. Ive tried western union and they said I can only transfer 450$ within 7 days.I need to wait 7 more days to transfer another 450$ and so on. I can't waste so much time and I really need to transfer 1000$ + within this week. I cant use bank transfer either. They said I need legal documents from government and those documents are only for work related or family members. Can not use for friends and others. I'm really in need of help. I am new to Thailand and I don't know much about International money transfer. Is there any transfer service like western union which I can send all 1000? Or any bank which doesn't need documents?

Thank you so much na.

-Pure

ps: I don't have a work permit. I am a full time student.

Edited by purenature

I was going to say go down to China Town and find one of the money changers ...... they do this sort of thing under the table day in day out for the Chinese business and ex-pat community - and its all very relaible and trust worthy - but as you're new to Thailand I am somewhat reluctant to reccomend it.

All I can think of is find a fellow student and drag them a long with you - you send 450, and then maybe go round to another Western Union and ask them to send 450.

Bingo - just thought of this: send 450 with Western Union and then send 450 with Money Gram - 2 differetn and competing systems - both operating in Thailand and running from banks. I think Money Gram operates out of ethier Bangkok bank or Krung Thai branches - despite not adevrtised it is actually in all the BB or KT branches.

... there that should do it/

Thank you so much for your reply. So they mean that I can only send 450$ in a week from that branch? Can I send another 450 from another western union? My bf can receive as much as I send?

They showed me the error it was " The sending limit to AZ is 450$ per week " or something like that. I am not sure the problem is about sending or receiving. I am hoping that the problem is only sending. So that I can go round to another western union to send another 450. If the problem is from receiving, there is nothing I can do :o

Thank you so much :D I'll try it again tomorrow. This time I will ask my friend to go with me. May be i can ask her to transfer another 450.

No - your id details will come up on the computer system: they are pretty good at monitoring that, so dont bother trying to beat the system: you will need to send half with WU and the other half with MG - that you can do all on the same day- no prob's.

Or you will have to send half to your boyfriend and ask a fellow student to send the other half - if you send the whole lot with one company i.e. either Moneygram or Western Union.

I am suprized to hear that it is only $450 - that is far lower than I thought it would be.

No - your id details will come up on the computer system: they are pretty good at monitoring that, so dont bother trying to beat the system: you will need to send half with WU and the other half with MG - that you can do all on the same day- no prob's.

Or you will have to send half to your boyfriend and ask a fellow student to send the other half - if you send the whole lot with one company i.e. either Moneygram or Western Union.

I am suprized to hear that it is only $450 - that is far lower than I thought it would be.

Yea I was surprised too. This is my first time transferring money from Thailand. I am planning to transfer 450$ from western union. And the rest from MG. Or may be I should try MG first. May be they will let me transfer all at once. I have no idea why they have limitation on money transfer. :S

i have no idea why they have told you that you can only send 405 dolla i often send more than that..try Western Union in Robinsons on 3rd floor they have a sign up saying the maximum is 1995 dolla per person per day..if not then try Money gram.

if you have a card aswell you can send via website

The comment about going to Chinatown may have a bit of merit. I live in Hong Kong and transfer money monthly to my wife in Phuket. I basically go down to Wanchai to a little thai food store, give her a wad of bills, she writes me up a receipt, and within hours her daughter in bangkok goes to an ATM and does a domestic transfer to my wife's bank account. They charge 40HKD for this total, and their rate is always better than the bank rate. I have been doing this steady for over a year and every time it went off without a hitch. The most I have done at once was 120,000 Baht, and she had no problem with that. I asked about sending a million, and she got a bit squeamish... i think there are some amounts that start triggering red flags.

If anyone knows about this from the Thai end (i.e. sending money out) or about doing this from countries other than HK, I would be interested in hearing about it.

Dave