Reports Of Violence On Kpg

girlx

Its only a few days ago the OP asked about Xmas dinner on the Island as is going there....I assume that trip is now cancelled....Samui shootings, Kanchanaburi shootings....crime on KPG......great to think that any prospective tourists will read this and not bother...I maintain...Thailand and especially the islands are very safe places to be....one crime every six months amounts to people getting paranoid...please....please...please write about the good things on KPG and Samui...infastructure is non exisitent but crimewise they are very very very safe places to live.... wink.gif

pothai i am not a tourist, i lived there for 4+ years, and i do think KPG can be very dangerous. it is certainly not "one crime in every 6 months". and i do think that certain of the expat population are blind to it because they don't get out much.

If I came to this forum looking for information before I booked a holiday....I would not come to Thailand...I Maintain and say again ...KPG...Samui...Hua Hin are all very safe places to live.....yes, there are burglaries..but that can be avoided, my familys house is never left empty...or there are other security measures....shootings are far and few between.......really they are...rapes/muggings again per capita....very very low crime rate......listening to the guys in the restaurant today made me feel I wanted to say something...I too have lived on KPG and Samui and have many friends that have been there a long time....their view is the same as mine.....Thailand is SAFE :o

If you mess with long hair-rasta-tattooed man, 10% more dangerous;

Mess with some dope 15%;

if you leave valuable/laptop, cash,etc in your bungalow 20%;

if you drive your bike drunk, stoned, half naked, without helmet, 20%;

if you argue with young thai guys 20%;

catch some katoei and bring in your room 20%;

sleep during a party 20%

etc

etc

etc

BUT

If you know how to behave travelling, how to spend your holiday, what to do during a party (wherever you stay), don't do nothing you dont do in your homecountry, then northing happen to you and KPG is as safe as the rest of Thailand

I repeat, I'm living in KPG (Haad Rin) since 2000, I have a family, friends, business and never, ever happen something bad to me.

Mess with some dope 15%;

sleep during a party 20%

etc

etc

etc

BUT

If you know how to behave travelling, how to spend your holiday, what to do during a party (wherever you stay), don't do nothing you dont do in your homecountry, then northing happen to you and KPG is as safe as the rest of Thailand

I repeat, I'm living in KPG (Haad Rin) since 2000, I have a family, friends, business and never, ever happen something bad to me.

Thats like saying "girls who dress sexy have a rape coming". "If you have money in your pocket you deserve to get robbed".

Stop pretending that not more crime happens in Kpg than elsewhere in Thailand. That is sticking the head in the sand.

I get your point and halfway agree even, but still. The 3 cases the op bring up i can´t see how they where doing anything "wrong". Offcourse a woman that walks around naked, high on dope halfway had it coming herself if she gets raped. But a woman that gets pulled into the jungle and raped for 8 hours, a woman getting badly beaten and robbed in her bungalow? Is that "not knowing how to behaive on holiday"?

Might be in kpg, but thats what i call a safe place then.

OK, CLOSE THE THREAD.

This rape/murder/robbery stuff happens everywhere! so no need to post anymore. While you're at it, close the sandy-road-accident thread because I'm sure there are accidents due to sand and stuff on roads all over the planet. Please also close the threads about tourism being down (isn't it everywhere!?), Xmas dinners (don't they eat Xmas dinners in other countries??!). In fact, close down all the sub-forums and leave only the Visa & Immigration forum because it re allydoes supply good info. :o

look, you guys don't have to agree, but i know too many very nice people who do not fit angiud's very narrow-minded profile above who have had serious problems on koh phangan in the past 5 years. maybe it takes having something happen to a friend of yours before you can see it- meanwhile enjoy having your head in the sand and feel free to not read these posts. but i stand by my assertion that koh phangan can be extremely dangerous and everything you do there is at your own risk, and that is that. recent events back that up. you may be lucky, but plenty of people there are not.

look, you guys don't have to agree, but i know too many very nice people who do not fit angiud's very narrow-minded profile above who have had serious problems on koh phangan in the past 5 years. maybe it takes having something happen to a friend of yours before you can see it- meanwhile enjoy having your head in the sand and feel free to not read these posts. but i stand by my assertion that koh phangan can be extremely dangerous and everything you do there is at your own risk, and that is that. recent events back that up. you may be lucky, but plenty of people there are not.

Girlx, it is a party island, the most famous in the far east.

No party, change island, Samui is ok.

Making comparison is tricky, take for example central and south america.

In Santo Domingo the resort security guards have a Beretta during the day and a machine gun at night.

I was feeling VERY safe. Never again....but in Colombia it is worse, and in Brazil the kids have guns and for 10$ they shut at watever you ask for...

Girlx, it is a party island, the most famous in the far east.

No party, change island, Samui is ok.

Making comparison is tricky, take for example central and south america.

In Santo Domingo the resort security guards have a Beretta during the day and a machine gun at night.

I was feeling VERY safe. Never again....but in Colombia it is worse, and in Brazil the kids have guns and for 10$ they shut at watever you ask for...

Being raped for 8 hours in the jungle or being badly beaten up in your bungalow dosent sound like party to me. The examples you provide is badly outlaw destinations. South africa is another example where people spend 40% of their income on security to keep their belongings.

Thailand dont have that big problems with lame police yet, not THAT far gone. But kohpgnan are getting close. If you are a single girl on travel, apperently, travel with a beretta at least.

Two things make stuff easier though:

1 , We who dont like the shitwhole, dont go there

2 , people that dont want to read about the shit that happens there, stop reading these threads!

:o

Two things make stuff easier though:

1 , We who dont like the shitwhole, dont go there

2 , people that dont want to read about the shit that happens there, stop reading these threads!

:o

Sad to say, but I have to agree that koh pangan became a shit hole.

More and more tourists are starting to be aware of that...

Mess with some dope 15%;

sleep during a party 20%

etc

etc

etc

BUT

Thats like saying "girls who dress sexy have a rape coming". "If you have money in your pocket you deserve to get robbed".

Stop pretending that not more crime happens in Kpg than elsewhere in Thailand. That is sticking the head in the sand.

I get your point and halfway agree even, but still. The 3 cases the op bring up i can´t see how they where doing anything "wrong". Offcourse a woman that walks around naked, high on dope halfway had it coming herself if she gets raped. But a woman that gets pulled into the jungle and raped for 8 hours, a woman getting badly beaten and robbed in her bungalow? Is that "not knowing how to behaive on holiday"?

Might be in kpg, but thats what i call a safe place then.

Why do you put something in my mouth I never say?

You just like to be polemic, for the fun of it ( I can see also in other threads).

Sad to say, but I have to agree that koh pangan became a shit hole.

More and more tourists are starting to be aware of that...

Do you see, is easy to crucify somebody or some place just writing something without to understand all the context where the things happen.

Thailand dont have that big problems with lame police yet, not THAT far gone. But kohpgnan are getting close. If you are a single girl on travel, apperently, travel with a beretta at least.

This is only misinformation, or defamation, about a place is not so different from the rest of the Thailand.

ook, you guys don't have to agree, but i know too many very nice people who do not fit angiud's very narrow-minded profile above who have had serious problems on koh phangan in the past 5 years. maybe it takes having something happen to a friend of yours before you can see it- meanwhile enjoy having your head in the sand and feel free to not read these posts. but i stand by my assertion that koh phangan can be extremely dangerous and everything you do there is at your own risk, and that is that. recent events back that up. you may be lucky, but plenty of people there are not.

Girlx, I can understand you had a bad experiernce in LPG (Tong Nai Pan) in the last 5 years, but in my narrow mind I think that doesn't means that everybody will have the same experience of yours.

So, anguid, what are you actually trying to say here? Koh phagnan is a safe place? Is that the message you want us to beleive and then you´re ok?

Yes, is not what I want you believe, but what really is: KPG is so safe as Koh Samui is.

And for sure safer than Phuket, much more safe than Pattaya, much more safe than Sukhumvit or Kao San rd, etc

So, anguid, what are you actually trying to say here? Koh phagnan is a safe place? Is that the message you want us to beleive and then you´re ok?

Yes, is not what I want you believe, but what really is: KPG is so safe as Koh Samui is.

And for sure safer than Phuket, much more safe than Pattaya, much more safe than Sukhumvit or Kao San rd, etc

Wow. Koh phagnan is for sure safer than phuket, pattaya and sukhumvt or kaosan road? For sure? Because it seems to me we hear a little more of crime happenings in pagnan than those places. Could you please share with us, one rescent happening as crazy as the 3 op shared with us, that happened in any of those places the last month? Samui aswell. Or actually, for sukhuvit or kao san you would have to come up with at least 10 cases in the last month to equal percentagewise, since its much bigger and more people. For samui you would have to mention at least 3 the latest month.

Wich you can´t, because that statement don´t hold any water.