What Did Ms. Kelly Elizabeth Ford Do?

t.s

It's normal practice at many companies and absolves a company of legal responsibility for any subsequent actions by an ex-employee by giving notice.

It does not mean that there has to be any scandal....

they have run a 1/4 page ad (with photo!!!) every day this week no farther back than page 5. this does not appear a matter of course exercise in announcing the end of their association. they have gone to significant expense to distance themselves from this woman, or so it would appear.

on another note, i would though.

It's normal practice at many companies and absolves a company of legal responsibility for any subsequent actions by an ex-employee by giving notice.

they have run a 1/4 page ad (with photo!!!) every day this week no farther back than page 5. this does not appear a matter of course exercise in announcing the end of their association. they have gone to significant expense to distance themselves from this woman, or so it would appear.

go on then, post a picture so we can all see.

go on then, post a picture so we can all see.

see no harm in that, it has been in the bangkok post.

post-26132-1232018695_thumb.jpg

I have put twice pictures of ex-staff in the thai papers ,it is taken for granted that they have done something bad ,which is why i put the picture in the paper ,it did work ,the father of one of them rang me and told me i shamed his daughter ,

I have put twice pictures of ex-staff in the thai papers ,it is taken for granted that they have done something bad ,which is why i put the picture in the paper ,it did work ,the father of one of them rang me and told me i shamed his daughter ,

Is this the main purpose? It seems to happen much much more in the Philippines, and the implication there seems to be that if the named person tries to do any deals with you it will be some sort of scam.

Is this the main purpose? It seems to happen much much more in the Philippines, and the implication there seems to be that if the named person tries to do any deals with you it will be some sort of scam.

Couldn't the person in the picture sue for deformation of character?

Couldn't the person in the picture sue for deformation of character?

No. There is no accusation against the woman so there can be no defamation.

This actually happened to me 3 years ago. I discovered my then boss was cheating his partner. I left because of this. Next thing I knew a friend phoned me to tell me a fax had been sent to my previous employers and potential future employers with my photo and a similar message attached: 'we do not take responsibility...' The idea was to discredit me and force me to move on. It didn't work. There was eventually a criminal investigation against my previous boss but there was insufficient evidence to take him to court.

Have you ever heard of a Thai spending a lot of money (advertising in a paper) to warn (help) other people before? - it doesn't happen. I think most of these adverts are just an attempt to discredit someone because they are a threat in one way or another.

Edited by Loaded

She might have been behind the planned tour to an impoverished village followed by a slap up meal that was attracting bad press recently.

:o

On a different note, if were her, I would dip into my severance pay and run an equally damning ad.

something like.

I, such and such no longer am employed by xyz company and shall not be resposible for any future business dealings the company undertakes, or the quality of service expressed towards its customers.....

Have you ever heard of a Thai spending a lot of money (advertising in a paper) to warn (help) other people before? - it doesn't happen. I think most of these adverts are just an attempt to discredit someone because they are a threat in one way or another.

Or it could be just plain old marketing - we're all talking about it.

Nice hotel, and very reputable.

http://bangkok.lebua.com/

MC

maybe she never had a WP? so they distancing with a legal notice...???

more sad and/or hilarious is the little *asterik in the top right of the website...

I am assuming they mean their are no riots or bombings in this area???, """watch the video to 'dispel concerns'""" <<< ya that will do it!

On a different note, if were her, I would dip into my severance pay and run an equally damning ad.

something like.

I, such and such no longer am employed by xyz company and shall not be resposible for any future business dealings the company undertakes, or the quality of service expressed towards its customers.....

Agreed. With no details provided in the ad, I would assume there may be much more to the story, and that it's entirely possible she did nothing wrong at all. Remember the lawsuit filed by lebua against The Oriental last year? Various stories on it here:

http://nationmultimedia.com/2008/03/25/hea...es_30069100.php

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20080325...xury_hotel_spat

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/03/25/...-Hotel-Spat.php

From this lawsuit, it would seem lebua is prone to aggressive legal action. To be honest, I can't find fault with the Oriental for banning lebua management from recruiting on their premisis. I've heard that lebua management isn't welcome in other Bangkok luxury hotels (besides Peninsula and the Oriental), for similar reasons.

Darwin